Author Topic: How Often Do You Run Outside "Just to Look at the Pond?"  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
How Often Do You Run Outside "Just to Look at the Pond?"
« on: May 16, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »
Just wondering.

When I'm home, I find myself running outside every couple of hours or so, depending on what I'm doing inside.  I like to take little "breaks" inbetween tasks, or just get outside for a breather, and end up just looking and looking at all my fishies and plants.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: How Often Do You Run Outside "Just to Look at the Pond?"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:33:13 PM »
On a rainy day, I may make it out there 3 times. 

If its sunny and nice, I won't be running out to check on it.  I will be outside all day and running inside just to fix me something to drink, throw a load of clothes in, then back outside I go.  LOL

kIM
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:03:23 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:12:19 PM »
All the time- I am always strolling through the yard to "enjoy" my ponds and plants... By enjoy, I mean "check on" and "work on" because that is what it turns into..... A leaf in the pond here, a rock out of place there, a weed over there LOL... I have a hard time not finding something to do because I am somewhat of a perfectionist... But yes, I do alot of walk-throughs of the water gardens daily... Yet another reason the neighbors probably think I am weird LOL...  :D
Joey

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 05:16:51 PM »
Every chance I get, it brings me peace! I love what is happening out there!
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline carver

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Curt and Nancy
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 05:25:48 PM »
Our pond is within 2 feet of our bedroom window, no more the 16 feet from the recliner I am sitting in. I can be in my office and see the fish swimming in the pond. So all we have to do is open a window to be able to listen to the running water, or the frogs at night..
But yeah nice weather we are playing in the dirt/water; rainy weather it is still close enough for comfort. Ponding relaxing, and addictive we spend a great deal of time fussing over it.

Offline Missa

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 05:34:27 PM »
Alot.

Sometimes, I'll sit on a rock by it or even embarrass DH by laying on my stomach on my dock, head hanging over .... looking in the pond (up close). LOL

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »
Often  (8:-) (8:-)
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Loritx

• Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 05:43:27 PM »
Alot.

Sometimes, I'll sit on a rock by it or even embarrass DH by laying on my stomach on my dock, head hanging over .... looking in the pond (up close). LOL

Ok!!! I thought I was the only one who Did That!!!!!
Not the best photo of me, my DD caught me in the act!!!

Lori TX

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one.   O0  It's the first place I go after i get my coffee...still in my jammies, I sit out by the pond while I drink a cup (or two.)  Then I'll head out several times of day.  The other day I had three or four different lilies blooming...I must have snuck out to the pond every hour, just to admire them.  Hubby and I sit in the garden in the afternoon, too.  Drink a cup of coffee.  Talk.  Watch the fish and the frogs.  It is the most "lived in" room of the house! 

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 06:21:41 PM »
I'm out by the pond more often than I am in the house. @O@  I even use a flashlight at night to watch the fishies play.  :D  On hot days I only go out to see the pond.

Today I remembered to vacuum the house....more dirt in the house than outside! :o

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 06:50:06 PM »
I am with Joey.  heck id name myself "Happy outside boy?  Apologies to Happy outside girl!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »
Several time's a day . But right now most of my ponds are green & I can barely see my fish.
That don't keep me from looking tho... ;D

bonnie

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
for me it should be how often do you have to run inside .  I can see my pond from every door and window on the back side of my house which is all the main rooms I am in so its never out of view if I have to be inside.

tinkster

Offline mcp

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
I can see my ppond from the dining room window. I see it first thing when eating breakfast or any time I walk through the kitchen.  O0
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »
Oh a nice day 6 or 7. On saturdays all day long. It is my only therapy. I would go nuts without it. Okay maybe I am nuts anyway. LOL

Offline Derrick

• Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 04:55:22 AM »
I am usually out around it all weekend, and most evenings! LOL...as someone pointed out, it is great therapy! ;D
Derrick....just a drummer in a rock and roll band.

Offline SueAndHerZoo

• Members
  • With us since: 12/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 08:07:59 AM »
Great topic, and now I feel less "obsessed" knowing I have company!   I am out there every possible moment on Saturdays and Sundays and as many minutes/hours that I can squeeze in after work and before dark.   Friends and co-workers don't even bother asking me anymore what my "plans" are for the weekend - they always get the same answer.  I would rather be putzing in my ponds than anything else in the world.  And since it's visible from two rooms of the house I am forever just standing and gazing out the window when I can't be in there, sometimes with binoculars to get the close-up details.  On weekdays I do a "walk around" in the morning before heading to the office, I come home for lunch for another "walk around" and unfortunately I don't own a pair of heels anymore that don't have dirt and mud caked up on them.   Can't stop myself though.     Oh, and on the designated turtle pond?   We have a webcam set up so I can watch them from the office!      8)

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 10:22:29 AM »
When I go on the pond tour, I've noticed that most of the homes have either a coverd patio just outside the back door, or a wooden deck, and these lounging areas are right up by the pond.  I really wish I had that. 

I live in a small townhouse, no ground floor windows at all, and the yard is on the side of the house, not the back.  I have to go down the stairs, out the door, climb over the bottom stairs of the fire escape, then onto the mini deck and then step down to the garden, just to see the fish.  I wish I could see them from the house, or from a back patio.

But, it's a good excuse to get outside, putter around pullin' a weed or two, and then realize I've been, like, 20 minutes, just hanging around gazing at the fish and pond.

Oh, and yesterday, there was a dragonfly laying eggs in the pond!!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 12:23:38 PM »
Julles you need one of those cameras that hook up to your computer so you can watch your pond any time.  That's an idea El Jefe introduced to me.  O0

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
I'm out there at least 3 hours a day during the work week.  6 during my off days.  My wife gets jealous. 

Loritx- I do the same thing.  I have sharp rocks and it hurts after a few minutes. 
Alfonso

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 10:29:30 PM »
LOL@Lori  ;D  Now THAT'S what I call checking out the pond   :)

I frequently glance out a window to check out the pond.  Even at night I will turn on an outside light and take a peak. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline GarryT

• Members
  • Zone 2b
  • With us since: 21/08/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 08:59:12 AM »
Way too often according to my wife .... not enough according to me. It's like making sure the "kids" are up, lunches prepared and ready to go to school and tucking them in bed at night. So what if the "kids" are goldfish and you're being a little over protective and making sure that everything is just right. I'm glad to see that I'm in with lots of good company and not the only one who is labelled with being obsessed with their pond! O0

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 09:20:28 AM »
In warm weather, I am constantly running out to check on the pond.  Fortunately ours is right outside our living room and kitchen windows, so even in the winter I can enjoy it.  Every meal I eat, I am watching my fish and after dark, it is well lit.  I think location is everything when it comes to ponds.  Our friends built one shortly after we built ours.  They put it  W A Y back behind their house.  I never understood why they put it so far away.  They recently tore it out because they said they just didn't enjoy it.  Lucky me, I got their fish!!!

Karen

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"