Author Topic: ....and now for something completely different  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Cypress Point Pond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/11/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
....and now for something completely different
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
In addition to my love of pond keeping I also greatly enjoy creating my own unique photoart.  Now by photoart I am not talking about images of artificially bend forks and the like.  My work centers around the creation of abstract and minimalist art through advanced editing of a image, or more times than not, a small portion of an image.  So why am I telling you all of this? Here is why, I would like to invite you to pop over to my Flickr* site and have a look at my work.  My art is always family friendly. Here is the address: "http://www.flickr.com/photos/22006131@N05/".   A sample is attached. Oh, as you review my pieces please leave comments.  Comments help me shape the direction of my new works.

One last thing, I would be remiss in forgetting to say that I do highly enjoy nature photography.  Many of you have seen my pond and garden shots on this and other pond forums.

Thanks,
louisp  8)

Flickr* - Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. www.flickr.com
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 03:27:02 PM by cypress point »
Louisp

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
Re: ....and now for something completely different
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »
Your photos are really cool. I especially like the one you posted above, but the "blue relief" is my favorite.

I've started to dabble with Flickr, but it will take awhile before I can switch over the huge amount of photos that I already have on pbase. I get the Flickr free with my ISP, but have to pay ~23 bucks/yr with pbase. Is Flickr better than pbase? I've noticed a lot of folks in the Lego community (one of my other hobbies) switching over.

Thanks for posting that.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:30:13 PM »
I like Blue Immersion and Blue Relief best, and also 2239. 

I prefer the ones where you say what the object is.  I know that destroys the concept of imagination, but it helps me when I know what the object actually IS that I'm trying to use my imagination on.

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
Your photos are really cool. I especially like the one you posted above, but the "blue relief" is my favorite.

I've started to dabble with Flickr, but it will take awhile before I can switch over the huge amount of photos that I already have on pbase. I get the Flickr free with my ISP, but have to pay ~23 bucks/yr with pbase. Is Flickr better than pbase? I've noticed a lot of folks in the Lego community (one of my other hobbies) switching over.

Thanks for posting that.

Actually, I am not familiar with pbase.  I use several photo/art sites, three in the US and one in the UK. I'll take a look at pbase.
Louisp

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:20:48 PM »
I like Blue Immersion and Blue Relief best, and also 2239. 

I prefer the ones where you say what the object is.  I know that destroys the concept of imagination, but it helps me when I know what the object actually IS that I'm trying to use my imagination on.

My image titles rarely give a clue to the origin of the art.  Yes, to me one's imagination is key in viewing abstactions and minimalist art.  But, in reality many appreciate having a description linking the piece to an actual object.  I load my work on Flickr after distributing it to several other sites so I guess you could say Flickr gets the short end of the stick.  Now since you asked I will go back to Flickr and add a short description to my favorite works.

Thanks,
louisp
Louisp

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:07:56 AM »
I just loved Monty Python.  {:-P;;
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »
I've visited your site before and have enjoyed your work.  I have use pbase for the past 8 years or so.  Even though I have to pay the yearly fee I like the set up and feel comfortable staying there.

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »
I've visited your site before and have enjoyed your work.  I have use pbase for the past 8 years or so.  Even though I have to pay the yearly fee I like the set up and feel comfortable staying there.

Thanks for the reply.  Here is a link to the first phase of my latest project, more images will be added.  Tell me what you think.

http://louisp.dotphoto.com
Louisp

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »
I just loved Monty Python.  {:-P;;

The wife and I are dedicated Monty Python fans plus their movies, Faulty Towers and so on and so on.  Remember the Ministry of Crazy Walks or the Norwegian Blue (parrot) sketches?
louisp
Louisp

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 06:57:16 PM »
Cool Dotphoto show.  Very relaxing.  Beautiful photos.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"