Author Topic: Container ponds/pot... show them now and as they fill out.....  (Read 1163 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I always love looking at all the container ponds and pots.. lets show them now and then as they fill out.

This year I am into planting old cans.  And I couldnd resist showing my "mini Lily" seed containers.. can you find them..... hmmm cool whip :)  OH and sushi if yoiu see this.. NO seedlings yet :((((((

tinkster

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
Re: Container ponds/pot... show them now and as they fill out.....
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »
What a great idea, planting cans. I'll never look at a can the same way again. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of mine.

Your wheel barrow looks fantastic! What 'mini lily' do you have planted in the cool whip container?
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »
Tinkster, your containers look great!  Did you drill holes in the bottom for drainage?
Jim

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 07:20:36 PM »
They all look fantastic Tink!  @O@

This is my Baby Doll Lotus. This is the only aquatic plant that got repotted this year,
only because Craig sent it back to me, since I killed mine by over-divison.
It's planted with a sprig of Siberian Pink Cups and 3 starts of aquatic forget me nots. (Pink, White & Blue!) 8)

Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline crazyfishlady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 06:18:43 AM »
My container isn't clever, but... Trying something new this year; skipped the annuals and going with topicals. Wonder if I can hold them over in the garage this winter?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 07:38:55 PM by crazyfishlady »

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 08:02:59 AM »
This was planted in early May.  Gumphrenas, Zinnias and Coleus.  It's filled out some but I planted it fairly dense to start with.  I suspect the coleus will need to be kept in check.  The Gumphrena is already spilling into the way of visitors.

Today May 25...
Jim

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »
love the containers!! they are all so pretty.

Karen... the  seeds sushi had which I cannot remember the name already.... .mine havent sprouted and being me I keep picking up the containers and slushing them around so they probably wont.

and No I did not remember to drill holes in the cans :(  I guess I better go back and do that.

tinkster

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 08:29:06 AM »
Everybodys containers are just lovely.  My personal favs...the blue popcorn can and Sonny's colorful pot. 

I promised DH that I wouldn't do pots this year...I will probably have to have shoulder surgery in mid June...I have been resisting... :P :P...I have only bought 3 rose bushes, 2 sweet potato vines, a six pack of red Salvia, a Kong coleues and a hanging basket of begonia.   ;D ;D ;D  I have been very very good.  I even dumped the dirt out of most of my pots and put the pots in the shed.

I do have bean vines on the side of the carport, some rose moss that is "volunteer" under the windmill and 4 o'clocks around the tree stump...and 3 kinds of "ice plant".

I miss the blooms already so keep the pics coming.  It's a good thing that tanks and tubs of water don't count  lol lol lol
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 08:33:04 AM by SueSTx »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"