Author Topic: cant seem to upload pics  (Read 688 times)

Offline john k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/10/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
cant seem to upload pics
« on: June 04, 2008, 05:46:28 PM »
can someone help out a guy who doesnt seem to know what he is doing as far as uploading pics  PLEASE thanks

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: cant seem to upload pics
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 06:33:03 PM »
Click on the little image where you psot in the 2nd row, 1st image. Then it will say Browse, click that and upload from your computer. If you did that and it didn't work they may be to big...
Thanks,
Rich

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
Mike...Welcome! :)

The way I put pictures....I upload my photos to a site like photobucket or most often, I use my xanga photo album.  Both are free sites.  There are instruction on those sites about how to upload, if you are unfamiliar with them. 

They will give you a URL that  begins with http://

Click on this little button on the American Ponders site...

and it will give you two image tags in brackets.  Then you just insert the URL from photobucket in between the two tags.

Hope this helps!

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »
Well, I'm like an orphan here, myself, because I'm about the only other person who can't share pictures of my pond and garden.  I spent about 2 hours on line with a very knowledgeable - and PATIENT - computer expert here one day, and still couldn't get it mastered.  Haven't had the opportunity to reconnect with him, so, for now, I'm in the same boat as you.

Hope we can both get it figured out, eventually, 'cause people here sure like to look at pictures!!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »

If I knew how to post pics, I'd show you some lovely furniture my DH carves that would look lovely surrounding that pond!
It's very easy depending on the source of the picture.

If it is on the net then do the following. You will not be saving the picture. You will just put a link to where it is located on the net. To do that, follow these steps...
1. Find the picture you want to put on the forum.
2. Right click the photo.
3. Select properties in the options box that pops up.
4. Select the address:URL and copy the location information...it will look like this... http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/1600758896198080_2.jpg
5. Come to your reply in the forum. Click the insert image button below the button for Bold text under the subject and Message Icon headings at the top of the message. The button looks like this.
6. After you click the insert image button it will automatically be blinking your cursor between the img tags.
7. Paste the link address to the pic you want to post.
8. It will appear in that spot in your message. You can hit the preview button below to test the picture is working before posting.

If it is on your computer, then you must first be able to find the picture with windows explorer. Once you know where it is on your hard drive it is very easy. Follow these steps...
1. Start your reply or posting for the forum.
2. Look below the text box where you type your reply. See the Blue "+ Additional Options..." text. Click the plus sign.
3. It opens an additional options menu. Click the browse button. That will open a window to browse your hard drive and find the picture you wish to post. It will usually open to the last place you saved something. It will not always open to the same spot so you need to be comfortable with searching your hard drive.
4. Once you find the picture, click on it to select it. Click open if necessary. If you preview it at this point, it will not show because when you finish with your post it will then upload the file from your computer.
5. If you wish to add more than one picture, click the blue (more attachments) to the right of the browse button and find them the way you found the first.
6. Pay close attention to the fact that you can only post up to 4 attachments in one post or reply. Also make sure they are 200 Kb or less in size each. If either of these rules are violated the forum will automatically block your pictures.
By uploading from your computer, your images will be below your text. If you have the need to put up more than 4 pictures, just post another reply and add them in that reply.

I hope this is helpful to you milliemax and anyone else who is unsure of how to post pics. Now you can start posting girl.

Tim

This was put on here by Timgod in another section.  There is another one I'm searching out for you.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:19:05 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"