Author Topic: Is this the green scrubbies yall are talking about for your skippies?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I hope these are... I was at a dr's appointment with my daughter and while we were waiting out in this hall the maintennace man came by with these and I asked could I see one and I began to tell him that they were used for the pond in a filter etc etc and he said oh well here take these and he gave me 3 boxes and some odd and end ones.  evidentially they have a new machine or waxer and these no longer fit it.     Think I can use them???

tinkster
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:25:13 PM by tinkster »

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Hey Tink, you forgot the pics, but I'd guess that you just cut them up and add.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
I think they would work. Not the same scrubbies I use (Dollar Store, round, about 4" diameter), but if they're free? They're fine!
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Tink, They will work just fine. You  are one of the most lucky people I know with all you rgreat finds. @O@
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
No need to cut them up, unless they won't fit.  It works for me. O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
What a lucky coincidence!  Nice find!  O0
Joey

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Only you Tink could go to a Dr's office and come home with pond goodies! ;)

Those are actually floor scrubber/maintenance pads but yes will work for filtration.  If you don't cut them just be sure that water isn't redirecting itself and not going thru the filters properly. (channeling)

Can be used whole or cut up and put in a mesh type laundry bag for easier removal if cut up.

Good find!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 06:12:39 AM by Bonnie »

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
we use that kind, they'll be fine
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
Tink, I am using several layers of them in my Skippy. I built a frame out of (what else) PVC with lighting grid making two levels. So there's maybe two layers of scrubber pads on the bottom level and 2-3 layers on the top level. The only ones I cut were the end ones to get them to fit around the incoming plumbing. They are not laying on the very bottom of the Skippy because that's where the water comes in and most of the gunk settles. They live forever and clean easily with either a pressure washer or one of those hose sprayer things. Loved the pressure washer to clean the Skippy, pads and grid.

Yes, only you can go to the dentist and come home with VERY EXPENSIVE pond equipment FOR FREE....I went to the dentist and came home with a list of very expensive dental repair that is to come.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 05:06:37 AM by Esther »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"