Author Topic: Goldies...and my baby shubunkins  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Goldies...and my baby shubunkins
« on: June 29, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »

The big guys at feeding time.

Earthworm please!

Some of the babies.  We have lots of common gold and bronze...and then hundreds of shubunkin babies, too.  The one in the center is one of my favorites.  S/he is completely blue and black...no orange.  I tried to get a decent photo of our little double tailed baby, too.  Cute as a button, but none of the photos are in focus.  S/he is shubunkin colored, too.

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Goldies...and my baby shubunkins
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 02:02:51 PM »
The middle one in the last picture is a midnight blue shubunkin - nice one; hard to find.

Nice fish.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »
Beautiful fish.
Really dig the middle on last pic...
Thanks,
Rich

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 03:43:46 PM »
A midnight?  Ohhhh!  So that's a midnight blue shubunkin!  I actually have several of them that color.  The one in the photo is the biggest.  I also have some that are white, with blue markings dorsally.    Reminds me of the blue on asagi koi.  Those are really nice, too.  The babies are just so hard to photograph!

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 04:44:18 PM »
Some midnight blue shubunkins have cream color mixed in with the black and blue - a lot of times their head is cream-colored.

They don't breed true, lots of the fry are just regular shubunkins.  The fishery that created them didn't even have any for sale this year.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 07:32:09 AM »
Always nice to see someone elses goldfish-----They sure do add lots of color huh? And even though I do not have rocks in my pond, I do love to see others.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »
Very pretty fish!  Big and healthy looking.   O0
Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"