Author Topic: How stupid am I??  (Read 1871 times)

Offline jatfla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
How stupid am I??
« on: July 08, 2008, 06:23:46 PM »
Your help with the calculations was excellent.  On Sunday Husband & I went and bought the new liner.  On Monday, I organized my *stuff*, began to remove some of the edging, plants, and rocks.  Today I finished dismantling the bricks, emptied the pond, caught the fish, removed the liner, added the new one, and arranged the edging in a potential realignment. 

How stupid am I?  I am almost 60 yrs old!  And within 5 minutes of my shower my back was cramping.   :o  I'm sitting here with the heating pad but it's going to be an early night.  Never again will I do such a thing all by myself.  Tomorrow, if I'm able, I will do a lot less with a lot less speed.  Why do I think everything has to be accomplished *right this minute*??!!!

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: How stupid am I??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:51:10 PM »
CAn you take Advil? Ibuprofen is the old gardeners friend. :)
That and heating pads... and time.

But ain't it great to get 'r dun?  @O@

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »
I feel your pain!  I just dug a new pond.  It nearly killed me but I survived, no problems after 3 days of digging.  Then I carried the 14x15 rubber liner over one shoulder.  BIG mistake!  I now have an inflamed nerve in my back that affects my arms.  Painful at times but only rest and plenty of ibuprofen popping.  What was I thinking?  I'm no spring chicken either.

This rest and a partially finished pond gives me a chance to see what I've been missing on AP!  @O@

Hope you feel better too!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:42:29 PM »
Yeah, after all Rome wasn't built in a day.... ;)  Take it easy, sure its nice to get it done, but not wearing yourself totally out where you can't enjoy it.

Its looking great, can't wait to see more pics.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:08:19 AM »
Very nice work.  Do I see water plants in the background waiting for the pond to be finished?
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »
Before taking on that heavy work..S  T  R  E  T  C  H  for a few minutes  at least.
It will get those tendons warmed up and there will be less discomfort.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
I always wear my back belt....i have a herniated disc  {nono}from my paramedic days...and the bending and twisting kills me w/o...i have a cheap bag of mixed vegetables in the freezer only used for an ice pack not eating u should alternate heat and cold...the cold for inflammation and heat to sooth the muscles and nerves and believe it or not aspirin just cheap :worship: straight aspirin its an anti-inflammatory and is better then any pain pill...it has gotten me thru a- many- a -night... O0 good luck and its beautiful i love the bricks...great idea.......lorraine ;)
lorraine

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
i know hope you get to feel better, look at me im 20 and i was so worn out whenever i built mine, i admire you seriously, and good job, take it easy for the next time
and congrats
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"