Author Topic: my house is haunted  (Read 4099 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: my house is haunted
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »
Well if I ever do see a ghost hanging around here I plan on telling it to make itself useful and to go out and muck the pond.... :whip:

When I was a kid I recall waking up one night and seeing an eerie ghost-like figure standing motionless across the room.  My heart was racing as I stared at the object waiting for it to move.  As I laid there in the dark I was afraid it would hear my controlled heavy breathing.  I was frozen motionless for a few minutes and then I slowly reached for a bed stand night-light.  I thought if I flicked on the light the ghost would be scared off.  I turned on the light and saw a light colored bath towel hanging on the doorknob where I had left it earlier in the evening......  :redface:     Whew!.......
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Derrick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »
Don't care aboot no darn ghosts, I'm a strappen on me hockey helmet and headener to the south to kick some yank butt!  ;D ;D ;D lol
Derrick....just a drummer in a rock and roll band.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »
I typically refrain from posting anything at all controversial, but I feel that I cannot just sit back and let John's comments continue to bother me without posting some kind of counterpoint.  Everyone has freedom to believe how they wish, and I won't push my beliefs on anyone here, but I feel it was a bit over the line to imply that anyone who is religious is "incapable of coherent thought".  I could post that anyone who isn't a Christian is incapable of coherent thought, but what kind of statement would that be to make??  I just felt that on a thread where the topic is "ghosts" (and I do realize how the subjects of ghosts and religion are linked) that it was a bit of a leap into the whole nasty mess of controversy to post such blatant comments regarding religion.  Again, if you read my post, I am not proclaiming anything, nor arguing, nor pushing anything.  I am simply pointing out that I am in fact (IMO anyway LOL) capable of coherent thoughts, even though my thoughts may not be the same as others'.  There is no need for comments of the like IMHO.  And I felt it necessary and fair to make my  "Boooooooooo" to your comments known, since it is easy for people to go along with someone and say "Yay" to them, but not so easy for others who disagree to make it known and put themselves in a target for persecution as I have done with this post.  I hope that I am not the only one who feels this way, and that there are some who agree with me too....

Again, I will respectfully agree to disagree, without fighting, preaching my own opinions, or rude comments... I only wish you would have done the same.  And I don't anticipate changing anyone's way of thinking, I just don't like being told I am ignorant for how I choose to believe.  I don't throw my religion in anyone's face, and by the same token I don't want non-religion thrown in mine.  And I don't ever discriminate against anyone because of their stand on issues, or for comments like these.  I try to get along with everyone.  I am here to talk ponds not religion :)  But every now and then a guy's gotta take a stand in defense of his mentality ;) 

No comment on the whole ghosts issue  :really:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thankyou Joey ! For speaking up & not being afriad at what other's might think of u.
I on the other hand just try to keep my mouth shut because of other people who will "rip" a person appart if they find out you are a Christian....or "religious" . I don't push my believe's onto anyone & I don't want them to push their's on me . I know what I beleive & that's what all that matter's to me . It really don't matter what anyone think's ......not anymore anyway.

Again , Heart felt THANKS !
bonnie

OH  yell, I forgot to say that I don't beleive in Ghosts .
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:13:21 PM by bunny56lbc »

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »
Really wouldn't call this a ghost story, but a dream.

Years ago, when my sister was pregnant she found out there was somthing wrong with the baby.  She opted to carry the baby, although she knew he wouldn't live.  (he had potters syndrom, kidneys and lungs don't develop).  Anyway, he was born on Christmas Eve, and passed away on Christmas Day.  Our Christmas Angel!

Ok, here's where the dream part takes place:

When my boys were born, they were 3 months early.  Stayed in the hospital for 5 months.  During these times when I did sleep, I would have a dream.  It would be Joshua, he would always say its OK Aunt Kim, I'm watching them and everythings going to be alright.  I had the dream many, many nights while they were in the hospital.  Then after they came home, I never had it again.   

Story two:

When I was little around  10 or so, I remember a glass that broke in our kitchen.  It was in the dish drainer (before dishwashers were popular).  We never figured out how that glass got out of the dish drainer and fell to the floor.  Those drainers use to be a good 4 or 5 inches tall.  Hmmmm.

Kim
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:16:49 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 09:38:40 PM »
I can't say I believe in ghosts either, but....

When I was between the age of 5 and 10 my family lived in a small (oldest) city in eastern Canada.  We rented an old house, about 100+ years old.  To make this story short, we saw actual ghosts.  An old gentleman and an old lady.  Many weird things happened in this lovely old house which also included the beautiful Victorian like furniture.  We saw this well dressed couple mostly in the kitchen area. 

Whoever lived here was very religious as there were many paintings of Christ and other religious scenes in every room of the house.  As little kids like to do we explored the dark and dank basement which led to the kitchen and found more old relics including many old chests full of clothing and personal trinkets.  The most amazing things we found were really old framed photos like the kind you see from the wild west of a family dressed pretty well.  We have seen the older gent and the lady as ghosts.  Talk about eerie!  When we moved from that house we were able to take many pieces of furniture with us.  Later when I married and moved back to California I also brought a few pieces of the furniture from that house with me.  I swear that for at least 2 weeks after we moved these pieces of furniture into our house I had nightmares of the old couple and the experiences of out time in the old house.  I did my own cleansing ritual by promising to take good care of the furniture if these spirits would believe me and leave me alone.  I guess it worked because for the last 30 years I've been very happy and free of ghostly visions with my beautiful furniture from the past. 

Believe it or not!

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 05:55:47 AM »
My house is 100 years old. I have an upstairs apartment that my daughter used to live in. She told me about a demon in the closet and the radio going off and on by itself. A man did die upstairs years ago. My daughter did spells and called herself a Pagan. I choose to believe that I have had no problems because I am a Christian so whatever it is it stays upstairs.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 05:18:06 PM by Vickie »

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 10:56:45 AM »
KarenJ, you hit the nail on the head.

To my Christian friends (Of which I have many) Sorry, but I WAS a Christian myself many years ago and finally FOUND my faith in the writings of Thomas Paine and others.  In my days of searching, I investigated the Koran, The Ivestias,  Shinto, Buddism, Tao, and many other belief systems too many to list here.  How many of you have done that or simply accepted the religion of your parents?   Oh, and by the way, I did read through the King James version (think about that, if you will) of the Bible 13 times straight through.  How many so-called Christians have done that?   I must admit, while I extend to all the right to believe whatever they wish, I cannot escape the feeling that those choosing ANY religion after which to pattern their lives are fools in this regard.  Sorry if my opinion offends you, but Amen.

joeyb5980 : I asked you to correspond via e-mail.  And you have apparently no plans to educate yourself regarding Thomas Paine .   What do you think about Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)?  Try his "Reflections on Religion" or "Letters from the earth".  Refusal to open your mind will doom you to a life of ignorance. 

Now as to ghosts:

In 1964, while driving route 36 in Missouri, heading East at around 1:00 in the morning, in front of me appeared a model T ford, with the trunk lid removed, converting via a wooden box the vehicle into  an make-do truck .  The most obvious thing about the vision was the dust arising from the wheels, even though the highway was paved.  In order to avoid ramming the "T", I slammed on the brakes, awakening my wife, who was sleeping in the passenger seat of our 1959 Pontiac Catalina.  After successfully avoiding a rear end accident, I was amazed as the model T faded and disappeared.  I have no explanation for this incident.

Of course, it all could have been in my mind.  Perhaps.  Both of my parents suffered dementia prior to their deaths.  If there is survival, what personality survives? That of a twenty year old, or a fifty year old, or an eighty six year old confused persona?  I am completely convinced that there is no survival of death.  We become as if we were never born, save for the effect we have upon others while here.

That being the case, we all have a duty to our fellow humans as regarding deference, helpfulness, and support. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"