Author Topic: HUGE swimming pool liner given to me... questions on its use.  (Read 1042 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My uncle lost his liner in his swimming pool and he had them fold it up and give it to me.  I am so wanting to do something with it but I am so out of room unless I start removing land plants and shrubs. I did only pay .25 for most of them and had they not been on sale I would probalby not have liked them enuff to ever buy.....

question...this pool liner feels very sturdy but the water has been drained from it for weeks, think its dry rotted or will dry rot?

tinkster

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: HUGE swimming pool liner given to me... questions on its use.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:37:31 PM »
Tink it shouldn't have dry rotted yet...but, vinyl does shrink...it will be a bit smaller now than it was...it will be fine to use just don't let the sun get to it---or it will deteriorate pretty fast....It would be great for an above ground pool....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 03:43:40 PM »
one of my ponds is a retired swimming pool.  The liner sat folded up in the garage for almost a year before I did anything with it and I haven't had any trouble with the liner getting brittle or anything.  What kind of liner is it?  Was it from one of those above ground pools? 

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 03:50:20 PM »
no its from a very large inground pool.  does it make a difference??

tinkster

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »
no its from a very large inground pool.  does it make a difference??

tinkster

Even better !
I'm thinking a friend of mine tole me that a in ground pool liners are "tougher" than above ground liner's. Don't know if this is true or not .

bonnie

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »
That's what I've been told too.  O0 The above ground ones eventually get brittle in UV (so I've heard.)   Lucky you!  so when are you breaking out the shovel? ;D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"