Author Topic: Frazzled by Fungus..  (Read 889 times)

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Frazzled by Fungus..
« on: July 26, 2008, 05:44:28 AM »
What does everyone do about leaves on their lotus pad or water lily pads that have mold/fungus on them?  So far from what I have read here, people are just removing the pads.  My plants are all new and only getting started, so if I just removed the leaves there wouldn't be any left  :-\  One of my lotus plants is still recovering from something else I did that ended up frying its first couple of leaves so it is limping along right now and infected by what looks like a mold. 
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Frazzled by Fungus..
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »
Are they by any chance in a place where they are constantly getting wet or splashed by water?
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »
As far as water lilies, I remove the pads no matter how young the plant may be.  You'll get more leaves in a week or two. 
Alfonso

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »
Are they by any chance in a place where they are constantly getting wet or splashed by water?
Lawanna

No the lotus plant in question is in a tub of its own and doesn't have a fountain that can splash water on it.  However, I was covering the tub at night with breathable landscape fabric to keep the toads out of this tub since it has what is left of my anacharis (I was having problems with their toadpoles eating all my anacharis in a different tub, so I transferred the remaining plants to this one). This may have increased the moisture and humidity in this tub which is why I suspect its mold/fungus.  I have since stopped covering it at night and am taking my chances with the toads.
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"