Author Topic: Colorado photo  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
Colorado photo
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »
I seldom get to see the ponds at the farm, but here is one photo from this past weekend.  Took it with my new little point and shoot Canon digital.

Bart

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Re: Colorado photo
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »
Nice photo of a lovely lily Bart. You will enjoy having your own camera. I still owe you a lily so let me know when you are ready before I forget.

Maryvonne
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:07:13 PM by maryvonne »
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »
Maybe next spring when I am a bit more organized.  I think I was looking for a bright pink if you have any.

Bart

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »
It's great that you are now posting photos, Bart. I would love to see more photos of your surroundings, especially the farm. What kind of farm is it?

Lovely lily.  O0
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 02:21:33 PM »
Next spring would be fine with me. I haven't done much with the gardens or ponds this year, partly due to a shoulder problem in the spring and lots of company this summer. I have two pinks, Mayla and Rose Ayres. Mayla is a bright pink.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 08:12:20 PM »
Nice Picture  O0

bonnie

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 04:03:24 AM »
Hey Bart. I think you are doing fine. You have so many things on your plate right now and you can only do them one at a time.

Offline Celia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 05:59:50 AM »
Pretty lily, I love Colorado because if nothing else is blooming, it will be, all summer.   o(:-)
Celia

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 09:24:27 AM »
Thanks guys.  Maybe a few more after this weekend.

Really not much to look at on the farm.  It isn't a "classic" farm house and barn sort of thing.  The flower gardens didn't get all the attention they deserve since I just don't have the time to deal with them and my own place.  Hopefully next year there will be less going on in the spring and I can find a full weekend to give it a good going over.

Karen,  It has been an everything farm at different times.  When I was little we had the customary cows, chickens, cats and dog grain farm thing going.  Before I came along there were also pigs.  Then we got rid of the cattle which didn't hurt my feelings and had the grain and chickens.  Then it was just grain for many years then hay crops.  Mom and Dad are retired now so they rent out the remaining land and still live there and probably will continue to do that for now until their health becomes such that they need to think about being closer to a city.  They still have a vegetable garden to keep them busy plus their puttering around doing God only knows what the rest of the time, but there is always something that needs doing and they can't sit still.

Bart

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 07:21:16 PM »
Nice pic... o(:-) ...Colorado is my favorite.  A single plant will have 3 or 4 blooms per day for me.

I just love the deep shade of pink from my Mayla also.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"