Author Topic: to the wonderful sellers and give away people.....  (Read 1146 times)

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
to the wonderful sellers and give away people.....
« on: August 08, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »
I just want to say thanks for the members that sell all the plants and give away free plants and supplies to other members....without you we would know less and have less.......i have learned soo much from all the members here and i feel everone is concerned about each other and wants to see all the members with HAPPY PONDS ...so kat,lawanna,kuan,rick and others...keep it up and i will buy and trade next year.........................lorraine o(:-) o(:-) o(:-)what am i saying i'm still trying to get stuff....lol.........and keep feeding me info i love it and my pond kids do too....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:53:40 PM by lorraine1960 »
lorraine

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: to the wonderful sellers and give away people.....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:54:01 PM »
Thank you & it is wonderful to have other members to trade with/buy from/sell to.  As many of you know, I sell my extras in order to support this hobby.  All monies are put right back into buying new plants & replacement plants at retail prices, supplies, costs of new ponds, pumps, etc.  I do not buy plants wholesale to resale at a profit.  All my extras are grown directly from my parent plants.  Without y'all I would not be able to offer the lilies at the lower prices that I do.  Plus, if I've got extras of marginals during the growing season, I'll add them to waterlily orders for free.  Bought 3 marginals from Lawanna this spring & they did so well that I gave away lots of clippings from them  :)

BUT the most important part is to have others to share information with & the love of ponding.  O0 O0
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:28:15 PM by Kat »
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 01:55:08 PM »
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D LORRAINE
lorraine

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
Lorraine thanks...I too sell plants to support a hobby that got out of controll some how  {:-P;;....I'd say when your plants collection reaches well over 200 different types of  plants including lilies,lotus,marginals,floaters, and submgeribles....its really more of an addiction....Many times I will send for postage if a regular member asks for a certain plant I have plenty of...And I love a good trade  8-)~ You get a rush when that package comes in and you get to see what you've been able to score from another member  @O@..I know my family finds it hard to believe that you can actually make connections with folks on a forum...but, you can....I have alot of great people in my life because of koi and watergarden forums....I am truely blessed to be a part of a community of such great people.....
Lawanna
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 07:44:45 PM by tranquility »
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline stacig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 08:06:22 PM »
wow we have a 2 famileis of racoonss we feed .they dont bother my ponds at all .

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »
I'm with you, Lorraine.  I've learned so much in a year of ponding.  This season has been the best as far as lilies go.  So many generous people here.  I can never thank them enough.  Next season, I hope to help new ponders out.
Alfonso

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »
This is why I thought my post re" Plants you got from members" would have long legs.  I still think it will.
Stacig:  I think you are on borrowed time, as that family expands your pond might get wrecked.  I hope not, but be prepared.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 06:38:31 AM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 11:20:47 PM »
Ehis is why I thought my post re" Plants you got from members" would have long legs.  I still think it will.
Stacig:  I think you are on borrowed time, as that family expands your pond might get wrecked.  I hope not, but be prepared.
LOL---I held back on my plants from forum members list---I didn't want to take up a whole page all by myself  {:-P;;
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"