Author Topic: Baylee lost her ears - but she got over it  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Baylee lost her ears - but she got over it
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:04:52 AM »
This story has a sad beginning but I think Baylee is in good hands now.  Check out her slide show here: http://albums.phanfare.com/slideshow.aspx?u=3522443&a_id=2550427

...Baylee!  Please read her story below.  I will NEVER understand how people can be so stupid and cruel!

Click here for Baylee's show!

No - she was not born without ears. Her ears fell off after the blood flow was cut off. The child from the family that let this happen thought it would be cute to let her dog wear bows and they remained in place until it was way to late to save the ears. She was turned in by the parents when the damage was already done. Baylee is a beautiful 18 month old, weighing 50 pounds. She has no idea that she looks any different than any other dog and her spirit is not the least bit broken - she loves life and is so very glad to try and please. She does great with other dogs, large and small alike. Cats get her attention but she does not bother them - she wants to play with them too! She still has alot of puppy in her so she is very active and will need some training. Speaking of training - a local training facility has donated an 8 week obedience class to Baylee's new adoptive family. Baylee is great both in a crate and in the house. 

If you are interested in Baylee, please request an adoption application from safehouse74@hotmail.com. Submitting an application does not obligate you to adopt Baylee, but it initiates contact with us and gets the process started.
Jim

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Baylee lost her ears - but she got over it
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 08:51:50 AM »
That is a very sad story with a happy outcome.  Beautiful pup with a cute kid on the slideshow.  I'm sure that kid is not the bow sadist, right?  I hope the pup finds a better family.

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 09:01:28 AM »
No, I believe the little boy is the son of the woman who is fostering her.  He and Baylee look to be the best of friends.
Jim

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »
i hope that family keeps her.  that little boy has so bonded with that angel dog.  it would break my heart to see them separated.  very nice show.
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 01:55:52 PM »
I hope they never separate those two...boy and dog!  o(:-) :hug:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 04:14:12 PM »
i hope that family keeps her.  that little boy has so bonded with that angel dog.  it would break my heart to see them separated.  very nice show.
ladybug
I agree, the slide show was really well done.  I understand this woman does one for each of her foster dogs.

One never knows about foster dogs.  They have a way of worming their way into your heart and taking on a more permanent status.  I should know.   ::)  From all appearences I don't think the little boy would mind one bit if she stayed.   ;)
Jim

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
Baylee found herself a boy!
That's dog nirvana. :)
 @O@

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:46:21 PM »
that is the most BEAUTIFUL dog!  I wish she was mine....but it looks like she has found her "pack".. o(:-)   :hug: 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Sonny

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 09:02:17 AM »
Baylee does appear to be very happy with the boy.  And it's comforting to see that her experience hasn't affected her disposition towards children.  They need to be supervised but most children and dogs just go together.  There were always dogs in my family from the day I was born.  Some of my fondest childhood memories are of me and the dogs taking long hikes in pasture behind the house.  We'd disappear for hours on end.  I miss those days (and those dogs).    :'( o(:-)
Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"