Author Topic: My wife has learned the benefits of patience.  (Read 1144 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My wife has learned the benefits of patience.
« on: August 09, 2008, 08:24:19 PM »
When we moved into this house, there was a preform pond already in the ground. There were holes drilled in the bottom so it wouldn't hold water for mosquitoes to breed in. We sealed the holes with neoprene roofing patch, let it set, and filled it with water. Well, this became my wife's own pond. Later, we added goldfish and the water turned green. So we added a small preform waterfall to it with plants in it (a plant filter). The water stayed green. She wanted it clear and asked me what she should do. I told her to give it some time. She didn't listen and drained 95% of the water then filled it back up. It was still green. Again, I told her to give it some time. She drained it 3-4 times over a six month period. She wouldn't listen to the Pondman. Yesterday morning, she goes out to her pond and is surprised to see her water was crystal clear after setting for a while without having the water changed. Of course I said,"I told you so."

Many have tested my knowledge only to find out that I do know a lot about ponds.

Happy ponding,
Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My wife has learned the benefits of patience.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
 ;D  I know you're right!  O0

Offline DavB

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »
Wish mine would...        (learn patience...)

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:02:18 AM »
 lol lol lol lol...lorraine
lorraine

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 11:36:05 AM »
If you said, "I told you so" you are not telling us the truth.  If you had, at the very least you would not be able to compose this post with two broken arms and a head injury!   ;D

What did you really say to her?

Bart

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 07:38:51 PM »
He likely said it and ran.... :o

If I had a dollar for every frustrated ponder that I advised to add plants and be patient I'd be rich. Especially if I got another dollar for those who drained and refilled their ponds anyway.....
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 06:15:42 PM »
Bart, I really told her that. {:-P;; She was just to happy to care, she had a clear pond that she could see her fish in.

Happy ponding,
Scott o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"