Author Topic: vhs to dvd converter  (Read 2561 times)

Offline stacig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
vhs to dvd converter
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:22:56 PM »
we bought a vcr and dvd combo thats was 200 dollars to transfer our home movies to dvd.which we arwe havig alot of trouble setting up.i saw in the biglots ad the have a thing called the vhs to dvd plus for 40 bucks.does anyone know how a thing like this works i count find it online.

Offline fredinva

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: vhs to dvd converter
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:35:09 AM »

First, Is your combo a DVD Recorder?  What brand, model?
If it's a RECORDER, you should be able to plop in a tape, set dvd record time and GO. Should record in real time.
don't know what a "vhs to dvd plus" is.

fred

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:37:37 PM »
What can I get to make DVD copies easily? :'(
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:13:28 PM »
I have a dvd/vhs recorder/player that will record dvds and vhs tapes. To record VHS tapes onto DVD I just put the vhs tape in, cue it to the place where I want the recording to start and press dubbing on the control, then hit okay. With a dvd recordable dvd disc that has been formatted, it is no problem. Works simple. The dvd stops when the tape ends, but I can also program the recording time and speed. Also, I found out that not all recorded dvds will play on all dvd players. You need to make sure that the dvds you have made will play on other type dvd players. Sorry, I do not know all of the technical things about them, but I have had success making dvds.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 07:14:22 AM »
Do you know the model and brand name?
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline JimMcD in SVAZ

• Members
  • With us since: 06/12/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »
I mean no offense here -- You need to read the front plate of your combo very carefully.  You wrote that it's a "vcr and dvd combo".  What you need to transfer home VHS movies to DVDs is a video player or player-recorder, and a DVD recorder.  For $200 that should be what you have, but what does it actually say?

If you have a DVD recorder, then the problem may be with getting the cables on the back set up so the video tape output goes in to the DVD recorder.  Then the DVD output goes to the television.  These connections may be co-axial cable or a set of 3 cables with color-coded plugs.

If you do not have a DVD recorder, well, this combo is never going to do what you want.

Because the manuals that come with this equipment are usually translated through several languages (Chinese to Korean to Senegalese to Hindi, etc) before it approximates American English we have trouble figuring out how to use the gear.  Sometimes studying the drawings of ways to hook up the cables (without getting too hung up in the associated written instructions) will help.

Be well, be safe,
Jim
I'm here on a "Free Membership", the rest of you simply aren't paying to be here.  No, it isn't the same thing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"