Author Topic: Ok Crap, My cellphone is dead and want a new one  (Read 1399 times)

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Ok Crap, My cellphone is dead and want a new one
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:13:31 AM »
Ok, so I dropped my cellphone in the water and it was such and amazing phone it was an AT&T TILT, I freaking miss it.
But I saw on ebay they ship to mexico, and so what do you think?, is it viable to get one from ebay and trust them?. I'm afraid it won't get alive here, but I seriously need one and I loved that one.
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ok Crap, My cellphone is dead and want a new one
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
Nope, wouldn't trust a phone to ebay. Too many subtle ways it can fail. And besides, having the phone is the least expensive part of connection.
Buy a phone from your provider, and get the extended warranty. Next time you dunk it, they will replace it - at least in the USA.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:14:44 PM »
Thanks Sunbeam, yeah I do not think I should get one from ebay either so I will wait and see how it turnes out......

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »
Savannah's correct about ebay phones and her suggestion of buying and insuring the next phone.

My battery is crap but love my phone, nothing fancy, just for making calls.  Can't remember what it is?!!!

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 08:57:43 PM »
Yep but I am a writing maniac so, the last one fitted me really good, because if I wanted to write something I was able to do it so well in my windows mobile, but now  :'( .
And yep using insurance next time, I was so mad at myself I dropped it, now I am using my bro's iphone, but it just isn't my type, you can barely write something down.

You should get another battery miguynmkoi so you will be able to do more stuff and barely run outta battery.
Mine was so good, I used to plug my phone maybe every third day and it worked fine, and never ran outta battery.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 08:40:03 AM »
Back in the days when I worked for a living our custodian came into the office one morning with a sheepish grin on her face and said, "Guess what I just did?".  She then explained that she was cleaning a toilet when her cell phone slipped out of her shirt pocket and fell into the toilet.....  She said she was going to dry it out and hope it worked.....  I guess you might say she had one crappy cell phone....  :P lol
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »
Did she feel flushed? @O@
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »
Flushed away, lol.
Well I am now thinking of getting the new palm centro which is cheaper than the tilt and won't feel that bad if I lose it.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 06:48:31 AM »
How do we get along without even a cell phone?? I remember when we got our first telephone. It was a party line so you could hear other's conversations. Often the people at the surrounding farms were on the same line so people would get on the phone and chat with a group. I have a cell phone but only use it for calling out. One time I was expecting a call so left it turned on and when it began to play this music it took me a minute to realize what it was. Then I didn't know how to answer it. LOL

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"