Author Topic: My Water Lilies are shooting leaves already  (Read 1538 times)

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My Water Lilies are shooting leaves already
« on: January 19, 2009, 11:42:30 AM »
 @O@ My water lilies seems to be starting again.
I think this is such a good sign, isn't it?
I will post pics as soon as I can, BTW I had to move them to some containers since the sun is in its winter season still and the pond does not get it all the way. :D
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My Water Lilies are shooting leaves already
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
My lilies were in the kiddie ponds and really never sprouted until it got consistently warm.  This year will my lilies first year in the new, much deeper pond, and I see a few new leaves appearing.  There are also pads that have not melted or rotted away.  Should I have cut down all the pads?  I dunno!  We'll see what happens this summer.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »
I dunno either!
The only thing is, spring is just around the corner and it is heating like crazy, last night did not get cold at all we even turned the air conditioner on, which is rare since we are still in winter, another rare thing is there are lots of bees here now and I think that is the sign of a warm up.
At night we get to the 60's and in the day it may be around the 80's so, that is just how mexico is so rare and crazy. lol
Can't wait fot summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 05:56:18 PM »
@O@ My water lilies seems to be starting again.
I think this is such a good sign, isn't it?
I will post pics as soon as I can, BTW I had to move them to some containers since the sun is in its winter season still and the pond does not get it all the way. :D

That's not fair !....LOL ...don't forget the picture's....we want proof that they really are sprouting... ;D

bonnie

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »
Of course bunny but, we need the batteries and my cousin has my battery's recharger and so my camera does not work. She will give my charger back to me tomorrow and so the pics are gonna be uploaded,
The three water lilies that I have, are starting to get new leaves on the crown and have already losen up the ones that rotted away.
They remind me of the time my aunt gave me one that she bought in walmart.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 08:21:52 AM »
Ok, this weather is crazy last night went from super hot to normal cold, temperatures dropped like crazy.
I would like to know if this won't affect my lilies?

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 09:22:16 AM »
I noticed on Sunday when I was out looking at my big stock tank that one lily had put up a pad that is almost to the surface of the water!! And its still COLD here! The water temp is running about 40 with the deicer going. Several others appeared to have new green pads waiting to come up. I usually don't see this new growth until mid to late February.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 10:47:23 AM »
Crazyness.
The smallest lilly that I've got is the one with the pads waiting to reach surface, the bigger ones got lots of pads waiting to warm up. ;)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 05:16:21 PM »
All my water lilies are still in the pond with pads, even the tropicals. The native tropicals produce new pads every day and the pink one that Sushi sent me has new pads coming up. The purple trop that Sushi sent me has gone dormant (I hope :'( ). A matter of fact, all my plants are doing well. The vivips that Sunbeam sent me are in the house in a tub with the N. minuta and mangrove seedlings.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Reedman

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 06:20:18 PM »
My water lilies might be growing, except I can't see them through the ice and snow!!   ;) :o :doh:
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline GarryT

• Members
  • Zone 2b
  • With us since: 21/08/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »
Mine are at the back of the fridge supposedly enjoying awinter nap, finned beasts are enjoying their winter quarters in the rec room. As for the pond, it's one big ice cube under 2 feet of snow. It was -34C(-29F) last week with -50C (-58F) windchill .....a looooong way to spring  :(

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 04:53:25 PM »
Holey-moley!  -58*!!!  It was big news here last week because it was 56* for a few minutes...
Tammie

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »
Lucky you.  Wish we had some warmer weather.  Been pretty nasty here the past week.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"