Author Topic: Winter feeding? Water changing?  (Read 3745 times)

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Winter feeding? Water changing?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »
I stop feeding during the winter because water temps drop too low...I do keep up my water changes...I do about 25-35% every 5 days thru out the feeding season and drop down to 25-30% every 7-9 days thru the down time---also keep up filter cleaning too...the water changes and filter cleaning help tremendously with the water quality---and it also pulls out the pheromones from the water so that you get better growth..This is only with my koi ponds---my goldfish ponds don't get sooo much comfort treatments thru the winter-I'm sure they probably should get better treatment--but, they are tougher fish than my koi are..Genetics play a big roll in your fish but, water quality does too.....
Lawanna
Well said  :worship:
Thanks,
Rich

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2008, 06:44:08 PM »
"My pond is small, 50 gallons or so.  I know I'm going to have to build them a bigger home in the next year or so..."

As was already said - Welcome to the world of ponding.  And, yes, you WILL be expanding that pond.  And then, in a year or so, you'll expand THAT pond.  Then on and on, bigger and bigger.

It's just what we ponders do.    ;)

Offline Rick

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »
"My pond is small, 50 gallons or so.  I know I'm going to have to build them a bigger home in the next year or so..."

As was already said - Welcome to the world of ponding.  And, yes, you WILL be expanding that pond.  And then, in a year or so, you'll expand THAT pond.  Then on and on, bigger and bigger.

It's just what we ponders do.    ;)

I can't wait "till the bug bites"  :woot:
Thanks,
Rich

Offline PBSJones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/07/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »
Oh, that bug has bitten -- HARD!  8-)~

Offline Rick

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 12:28:33 PM »
Thanks,
Rich

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"