Author Topic: So, what are we all doing tonight?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
So, what are we all doing tonight?
« on: December 31, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »
I'm cleaning fish, getting ready to go Walleye (ice fishing) fishing tomorrow with one of my sons, grandson, and a bunch of other guys.

Life is good,

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: So, what are we all doing tonight?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 09:06:48 PM »
Finishing this flute of champagne and then going to bed.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 10:12:25 PM »
We had friends over to eat and games in the basement.  Got out the old Atari and had a good time.  Those Wii's and Playstations are too fast for us old folks. ;)

Happy New Year!

Karen

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 04:56:43 AM »
Was just getting settled down on the couch about 10:00 when I realized I hadn't embroidered on a small red apron for my 4 year old granddaughter. We're having Christmas here today. So by the time I got done with everything, it was just shy of the ball dropping in Times Square. Watched that and then went to sleep. We are not party people.

There's a brunchy meal here at 11 today and then presents. Kevin will be leaving three kids here, including the 3.5 month old baby and heading to the hospital. Since Braeden is in intensive care, it's not so easy to take the 3 kids there. The room of course is smaller but he's much sicker so doesn't need the hubbub.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 08:36:40 AM »
Going to a pajama party.  Yup, a bunch of pudgy, aging Baby Boomers in PJ's and fuzzy rabbit slippers, sipping Red Roosters and champagne and blowing those goofy horns when the clock strikes midnight.

Today I'm forging forward with cleaning the house, piles of laundry, and also cooking black eyed peas and cabbage with cornbread, a Southern New Year's Day "must do" to bring good luck and prosperity in the new year.  Maybe get a friend over here to open Christmas presents.  Bike ride if it's not too cold. 

The zoo is open today, for free, and I had planned to bicycle down there.  But then people convinced me it would be jam crowded, and full of kids, so I decided to put that trip off for a less busy time. 

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
Went to a party. I was the designated driver and I had a migraine so I wasn't too festive but everyone else had fun. We did blow those silly horns and wear silly hats and watch the ball drop.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »
Yesterday DH and I came back from Vegas in time for neighborhood "Ringing the New Year" bash.  Lots of great food and spirits!  Best thing about our neighborhood New Year tradition is that we can walk or get rolled home in minutes.  Got home by 2ish am.

Happy New Year Everyone!  :hug:

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 01:33:19 PM »
Laughing & Crying.

Having a Birthday party, then some stayed over and brought in the New Year.  Answering the phone during the party, to tell my dad his sister just passed away.  So it was a up and down night.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »
Last night, my wife and I sat at our desk tops cruising the internet. I was looking for an online television channel so that we could watch the ball drop. At the stroke of midnight, we locked lips for five minutes and then got ready for bed.

No, we didn't do IT. lol
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 08:24:46 PM »
 :teehee:

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 06:06:10 AM »
New Year's eve we built a bonfire in the backyard, unleashed the child with a sack full of fireworks, and ate "off the diet" a really good meal. :)

Resolutions waited until the morning.  @O@

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"