Author Topic: By the way..follow up to surprise gifts for Kim...  (Read 1373 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
By the way..follow up to surprise gifts for Kim...
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:59:14 AM »
Kim was very surprised when I gave her some of the clothing she had wanted for Christmas, and since her birthday was the 31st I gave her the rest.  She was very excited and was very surprised, she loved it that I found out her cancelled order and got the items for her.

I had decided to surprise her further, so we had plans to watch our friends play at a New Year's Eve gig, and never told her where we would eat.  She loved the Tiramasu at Macaroni Grille and there just happened to be one within a few miles of where we were staying (2 hours from home).  When I drove up she didn't see the restaurant, but as we were walking up she saw the sign and was surprised and glad I took her there.

As an extra surprise, I had called a florist and had them deliver a half-dozen roses - pink and purple (her two favorite colors) and had a waiter hand them to her after we were seated.  He told her that every girl in the restaurant was envious of her and she said "good!"  lol  Then a waiter sang "Happy Birthday" to her in Italian, opera style.  After dinner we went to watch the band and rung in the new year a couple hours later.  She said it was the best birthday she's had in a long time.

As for Christmas - her family gave me more gifts than I have gotten from my own family in 20 years....I was completely blown away by their generosity and the warmth.  We had a great time and it was my best Christmas in a very, very long time.

One of our New Years pictures
(she picked out my attire, and
I thought she looked smokin' hot!!)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:20:39 AM by Blind 'Too »
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: By the way..follow up to surprise gifts for Kim...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »
You two make a fine looking couple.  That's great that things are working out so well for you.  Now don't treat her too nice otherwise should you marry she will always expect it....and more....  ;) (ducking...)
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »
Copy everything Mike said above!  ;D

I'm glad you and Kim are doing so well.  Glad Christmas was merry for you too!  She's lucky to have you in her life:)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 06:47:33 PM »
I was wondering about her reaction to your gift, sounds like everything went wonderfully!!  That's a great pic of the two of you!   8)   O0
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »
You all look good together.  Glad to hear its all going well.  Oh, btw tell her that my twin boys also share her b-day date.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline mascot

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 10:19:24 AM »
Thank you all....yes, she just loved the gifts and all the surprises, and she gave me some great gifts for x-mas as well.

That pic was after a couple hours of dancing, so I was worn out a bit.  She helps make the pictures look better!!

Mikey - she knows I'm that way, but she did say that next year I'll have to top it.  what have I gotten myself into??? lol
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »
Oh good. I have often wondered how your surprise gifts worked out. She is sure pretty and nice and slender too. Lucky you and lucky her too. It's wonderful to hear when things are going well for people who deserve it.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 06:56:53 AM »
Blind, it sounds like you're as crazy about your Kim today as you were when you met her.  That's very refreshing, and especially for a man to be so romantic and thoughtful.

"As for Christmas - her family gave me more gifts than I have gotten from my own family in 20 years....I was completely blown away by their generosity and the warmth.  We had a great time and it was my best Christmas in a very, very long time."

Now, this quote interests me.  Most of my family has decided to cut back on gifts and giving this year.  My sister and I went along as we always have, maybe a little less expense, but at least we gave SOMEthing to each person on our list. 

I can tell you - it is not the number of gifts or the dollar amount (I really don't "need" any more stuff!), but the fact that you are remembered and loved, and the "generosity and the warmth."  At my house, it was a mighty empty feeling, looking at a Christmas tree with nothing under it, and no gifts to open on Christmas morning.  Actually, there was one box, from a girlfriend of 30+ yrs.  All that was in it was a candle and some mixes for making dip.  But that box also held 30 years worth of friendship and love, and it told me she cared enough to choose things I would like, wrap them, and truck off to stand in line at the Post Office to mail them. 

THAT is what gift giving is all about!

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 10:09:52 AM »
"As for Christmas - her family gave me more gifts than I have gotten from my own family in 20 years....I was completely blown away by their generosity and the warmth.  We had a great time and it was my best Christmas in a very, very long time."

Now, this quote interests me.  Most of my family has decided to cut back on gifts and giving this year.  My sister and I went along as we always have, maybe a little less expense, but at least we gave SOMEthing to each person on our list. 

Yes, very true...I apologize for coming off arrogant, as if I expected or deserved lots of presents.  I should explain that my intention wasn't just about the number of presents, but about the gifts they gave me - and that included: welcoming me to their family, inviting me for Christmas eve and day, Christmas dinner, and making me feel...well...loved.  Those were much more than anything that can be bought.  The presents were a surprise...her mother and father bought them because they now consider me "family".  I feel more like family to them than I do with my own.

I really don't mean to rag on my own family, but I really haven't had one for a long time.  My own mother hasn't invited me for years (she is local), and I haven't spoken to my father in over 25 years (not local).  My siblings don't have much to say, and the one who is close by I just don't get along with at all.

This Christmas was far better than any others, not because of what they bought, but because of what they gave to me - and that is a sense of belonging.  Still, the presents were very thoughtful and much appreciated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"