Author Topic: If you lived close, would you go check out these plants? I WENT THERE  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Knowing that hubby still only has a part-time job, and I won't be buying much this year, I was searching on Craigs-list and came up with this.  Sounds like a beautiful place, I may not buy anything but I think it would be worth going and seeing.  Its not far from my house, I kind of look at it this way....1/2 tank of gas outing. 

http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/1120826554.html

My list of wants are:

Few Day Lilies, as I already have several varieties
Columbine
Canterbury Bells
Butterfly Bush
Primrose (Yellow)
Snow on the Mountain
Bee Balm- Red, Purple and Pink

Might check out her roses???

She's out of the Red Twig Dogwood.

Think its worth going and checking out?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:09:32 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: If you lived close, would you go check out these plants?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
If the plants are in quart sizes then $5 would not be a bad deal on most and $2 would be really good...
look at it this way, it gets you out of the house and may give you a few plants and or ideas in the process.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:23:57 PM »
I can send you Columbine seeds in a few months after they bloom. They are cobalt blue.

I also have seeds from barnyard mix hollyhocks which are old fashioned single flowers.

I have Stella D'Oro daylilies too.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:37:35 PM »
snow on the mountain you mean bishop weed snow on the mountain.  I have that. its pretty but like a weed.. I could send ya some.  I also have red bee balm in masses and I have two butterfly bushes one I found a place for the other I keep moving around and it never got very big.  I have it stuck in a place cause I really dont know what to do with it. I have no checked to see if it wintered over in that spot but if it did you could have that one.

tink

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »
You guys are just too sweet, hugs.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 07:43:08 AM »
DH is going to call her and get a field trip for me set up.  I'm excited about this, geeez I need to get out more.

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 09:21:05 AM »
lol I tihnk it would be excting to..  I posted a add on craigs list to volunteer to clean out shrubs flowrs etc to keep the extras.. will see if I get any takers.  might be a good way to rack up on extra plants.

Let me know what you get and if you want any of the ones I have you need.

tink

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »
I got a whole bunch of goodies all for 36.00.  Her house is absolutely beautiful, shoot I would be happy living in the garage or her new chicken coop.  This house was something else, but she was just as down to earth as can be.  Her flower gardens were just as described, HUGE.  I bet they were 40x20 and  that was just one of them.  They have a huge garden too, probably as big as a football field.  To look at her house you wouldn't think she had all this in her backyard, which was several acres.  The house and garage was so fancy and HUGE.  She told me to come back, and I know I will.

I got everything on my list, and more.  Nice big starts of it all, the starts were big enough to fill a kroger bag nicely.  I will be planting as soon as I get in from work tomorrow.  Lost daylight or they would have been in the ground tonight.

Kim

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Re: If you lived close, would you go check out these plants? I WENT THERE
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 03:57:19 AM »
Good for you!   O0 O0
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »
I mis-described my kroger bag a little.  Each start of each plant filled it own kroger bag.  It sounded like before everything fit in one Kroger bag..LOL, oops.

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 06:21:49 PM »
wow... not fair to evencall that a start.. so glad you found some goodies.  One of the lowes in my area is having a huge type of mixup on ordering and the huge lot is double full of stuff and more on the way so almost everything is 50% off.. I had a ball today.

tink

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 07:20:23 PM »
I still would like to have more.  She's hoping that the butterfly bush will take hold.  She left the stick thingy's on it, and it has nice growth and big roots, fingers crossed it will thrive. 

With dh working the wierd hours now, and I'm home at night.  We're very seldom home at the same time.  He started clearing a bed out for me while I was at work.  I came home, and pointed out a few places for plants and he had to get cleaned up for work. 

I was going to dig, and I got to thinking...hey dumb dumb, aren't you trying to get your foot well.  Didn't you just have a shot of cortizone in you foot for a heel spur.  Which foot is it, yeah your right foot.  Aren't you right handed, so duh wouldn't you dig with your right foot. You also don't have any health insurance right now, so you can't go to the doc...so I thought a minute and asked one of my boys and my daughter to help me by digging my holes and they did.  A big thanks to them I got them all planted today.

Kim
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:13:41 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »
Oh, Tink...I chickened out on the snow mountian stuff.  I saw it in every garden she had.  It was pretty but, be my luck it would take over my house.  Then again, I might have a hitch hiker of the stuff with my plants.  I didn't see any, but you know how that goes.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"