Author Topic: Putting pictures in?  (Read 917 times)

Offline dsep

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/01/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Putting pictures in?
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:34:45 AM »
I am trying to put some pictures in and having no luck
Tried as attachments but says file size too big?
Any suggestions?
Donna

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Putting pictures in?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:41:06 AM »
First of all, you need a picture resizer, then click on additional options, and add.
If you are using XP, go to microsoft toys, and download their picture resizer. I've been using it you years, but if you have vista, your on your own.
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:51:34 PM »
You can also use a photo hosting site like I do, I use Photobucket, but there are many.  Then just click and copy the "img" code and paste to your post.  On Photobucket you can pic a size to resize to and it is automatic with the upload.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 09:16:22 AM »
There are two ways to put pictures in a post. You can upload them from your hard drive which is what you are trying to do but they have to be pretty small files to do that. You are doing it right but your file is too big. Your camera software may have edit features to resize or there are free ones online.

OR you can link to them from a website. Photobucket as already mentioned is a free photo hosting website where you can upload your pictures and then link to them on message boards or whatever. I use the paid version because I host galleries from my high school reunions and it is $25 a year and no ads or spam. I have pages and pages of photos. Not all photo websites allow remote linking but Photobucket does, even with the free version.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline JimMcD in SVAZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/12/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »
PowerPoint can compress a photo.  You "insert" the picture, crop anything along the outer edges that you don't want, adjust brightness and contrast, then compress the picture, and save with a new name.  After the first few attempts it actually goes very quickly.

Don't know PowerPoint -- ask any fifth grader, my grand daughter has already done several projects.  I was in my 50's before I ever saw used it.

Good luck,
Jim McD in SVAZ
I'm here on a "Free Membership", the rest of you simply aren't paying to be here.  No, it isn't the same thing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"