Author Topic: What's happening Bart?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
What's happening Bart?
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:23:56 PM »
Just saw a "reply" from you to one of my threads and it made me wonder how you are coming on your house. Seeing you are snowed/iced in, I imagine you are working on some project or other.

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
Re: What's happening Bart?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »
Hi Esther,

Yeah, there have been some projects going on.  I wasn't thrilled about having them happen in the middle of winter, but as it worked out it will be good since they are done now and i can enjoy spring and summer without work going on around me.

I had the rest of the laminate installed in the bedrooms and computer room and got new baseboards installed. 

I'm just finishing up cleaning up the remaining sawdust from all that then things can settle down inside for quite a while.  I want to get a fireplace next so it will take a bit of saving to reach that goal.

Outside, this spring, I'm hoping to get the driveway poured and my trees planted along the back fence and one side to get some privacy coming up there!  This, being outside, will be easier to live with while it is going on than a house moved around inside to install flooring!

Bart

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:29:47 AM »
Hey Bart,

I've discovered that my library has all Star Trek dvds.
Should I watch all of TNG before starting on DS9? I've seen maybe 30% of TNG and none of DS9. I'm not sure where in the timeline that DS9 takes place?

I was so mad that they started TNG without Kirk, Spock etc that I didn't watch when it was new.

I've seen all of Voyager and almost all of Enterprise which wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be though they messed with the timeline/Star Trek Universe quite a bit.

Hope your house is coming along nicely.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 01:16:32 PM »
Hi LeeAnne

You can watch DSN and TNG at the same time.  They both take place on the same time line.  There is at least one cross over show between them as well.  DSN will take a bit of getting used to, but is so worth it.  The story arcs in DSN are huge.

For the most part the main floor of the house is a done deal.  There are things yet like new interior doors that will have to be done at some point, but all stuff now are things that can wait until I have the money and willpower to deal with more destruction!  It would have been nice to have almost all of this done before I even moved in, but I'd still be waiting to move in if that were the case!  So much needed to be fixed and replaced.  I swear no one did anything for 30 years or more inside.  It is like uncovering a time capsule of dirt when things are taken apart!

Bart

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 01:27:31 PM »
I don't think Bart should be allowed to post here about what he's done unless he includes PHOTOS!  :-)~
For goodness sake, it's the winter...and we need something to look at!  :D
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »
I'll show mine if you show yours. LOL.

We're cleaning and laying ceramic tile in the kitchen at one of our rental duplexes. All the painting is done and the  new floor in the bathroom and tile is done except for sealing it. Now we can seat the toilet and put the vanity back. We've worked there for three days with NO TOILET. Use your imagination.....I"ll tell ya, this kind of work and 10 hour work days is hard on a 66 year old lady who needs to lose weight.

WE have to get the basement family room carpet and up the stairs commercially cleaned, buy new carpet upstairs for the two bedrooms and living room and have that installed and we'll pretty much be done.

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 08:14:44 AM »
Geez, tough crowd.  Photos or get out!!

Most everything I had already posted months ago, but I do have the living room left to put together so perhaps this weekend I can show some before and after on that room.   I have a couple areas not accessorized yet, but overall it is finished.\\

Bart

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"