Author Topic: Need Baby Shower Game Ideas  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need Baby Shower Game Ideas
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:17:09 AM »
We're giving a shower next Sunday for a husband & wife expecting a baby girl in another month or so.  There will be both men (mostly gay, if that matters) and women (mostly straight, ITM) attending.

We need just two or three games to play.

Already, some kind of safety pin game, that takes place over the course of the afternoon, has been suggested.  Something like, every time you notice someone cross her legs, you give the person a safety pin (to bring to realization that pregnant women can't cross their legs), and the person with the most at the end of the party wins.

Also suggested is guessing how large the mother has gotten, and you use something like toilet paper to measure, rather than a tape measure.  Several of us found this atrocious, and too invasive and personal to the expectant mother, although others assurred us that this is a typical and expected shower game.

Any other ideas would be appreciated, especially something that would include the father-to-be.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:18:19 PM by Julles »

Offline PondJoy

• Members
  • With us since: 14/01/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Need Baby Show Game Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:16:36 AM »
Hey Julles...

We did this one at work one day for a co-worker:

You take a number of jars of baby food and remove the labels completely.  Write a number on each one and have everyone guess what food is in each one.  They write down their picks on a piece of paper that is labeled with the numbers of the jars.  The one with the most correct answers wins.  It was way more fun than I first thought it would be.

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »
You mean besides the toilet plunger and TP relay race?

Here are some...

Baby Bingo: (Materials- Pens, Pre-Printed Bingo cards that use the numbers of how many people attend the baby shower) Prior to opening the baby shower gifts, number each gift on the box starting with one. If you know that 15 people will be attending your shower, pre-print bingo cards with numbers 1 through 15 and randomly place them on 15 cards. When the mommy-to-be's decides to open the presents, she grabs the present she wants to open and reads the number out loud. As soon as someone receives bingo, they win the baby shower game and the baby shower prize.

Tinkle in the Pot:
If you’ve ever been pregnant—or spoken at length to anyone who is—you know that running to the bathroom every thirty seconds is just par for the course. This game lets guests experience this funky side effect in a fun way. Line up some jars on one side of the room. On the other, have guests line up with a balloon and a quarter. Everyone should blow up the balloons and stuff them under their shirts. Then, they place the quarter tightly between their knees and race to the jar—holding the coin tightly as they waddle as fast as they can. Once at the jar, the contestant must ‘pee’ in the jar, dropping the coin neatly through the opening. The first person to make all of their potty runs will win the prize. For an outdoor race, give each person water balloons to hold between their knees as they shuffle across the lawn—be careful not to let your ‘water break’!
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »
I went to one recently where everyone was told to bring a pair of baby socks (or a multiple pack).  Each pair were separated and put into a big pile.  The mother-to-be and grandmothers-to-be were then timed to see how fast they could pair them up!

Also, not a game.......My daughter-in-law has given several baby showers recently.  One of her gifts to the mother is a piggy bank (she also uses it as a table centerpiece), then all the guests empty all of their pocket change into the bank.

I think "tinkle in the pot" sounds like fun.

Karen
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:48:10 PM by Indiana Karen »

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »
Sorry no suggestions.All these games sound hilarious!  Fun times for sure!

Offline Julles

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Need Baby Shower Game Ideas
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 02:20:32 PM »
These are great, guys.  Thanks so much! 

I'm going to forward them to the people in charge of games for Sunday. 

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 02:28:07 PM »
This isn't a game as such, but sweet.  You can have all the guests help in making a wish jar for the baby.  You take a large jar and some circles of wood that can fit inside.  On each piece of wood, a guest can draw, write words, whatever... representing a wish for the child (like happiness, strength, beauty, wisom, wealth...).  Then you place them all inside and keep it somewhere special in the nursery.  Even if you don't believe in chams, it's still a nice thought.  o(:-)

Offline Julles

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 04:08:08 PM »
Oh, I LOVE that idea, Kat!  I'm glad I checked back here.  Thanks.

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »
My wife likes the one with dirty diapers.  You take 3 diaper and melt a different type of chocolate in each.  Players have to guess the type of chocolate.  They can sniff and taste.  Looks funny, not that I've ever been to a baby shower.  ME MAN, ARG!!
Alfonso

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"