Author Topic: Prayers needed for my Friend please  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Prayers needed for my Friend please
« on: February 05, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
Will you keep Regina in your thoughts and prayers please, she just found out that she has Breast Cancer.   

They're still running alot of tests but are saying that it's stage 2...

Her Sister Kathy was my best friend and we grew up together, they lived across the street in the house I grew up in.

We lost Kathy to Hodgkins Lymphoma several years ago and her parents are terrified this will be a repeat.

Thanks much,
Bonnie

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Re: Prayers needed for my Friend please
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:30:05 AM »
So sorry
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline cindy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:52:37 AM »
sending up prayers

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
You know my prayers are on their way...
Let her know I am here for her as a BC survivor, and I can PM my phone numbers, personal email, etc.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
So sorry to hear this, Bonnie .
Will put her on my prayer list.

bonnie

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »
Bonnie, that is horrible.  It must be terrifying for the family.

I'm sending positive thoughts.

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »
Thank you all ... she already has joined a group of ladies that are going and gone thru breast cancer.

Thank you Joyce and I will share your story with her and let her know that you are willing to speak or email her.

Luckily Regina is in excellent health otherwise, has always been health conscious and exercises almost daily.    She's a very strong minded person so I think she will do great.. 
She also said that she has an excellent Dr. which is very good to hear.

I really didn't know what to say to her when she told me about this other than I am here for her for whatever she needs, even offered to clean house, etc. whenever she's having a bad day.....

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 06:01:58 AM »
One of my best friends is also a brest cancer survivor - she had it two times, ten years apart, and beat it both times.

After her second surgery, and there was something else going on, too, becaue they did a hysterectomy, too.  After that, she was really feeling like "less of a woman," with no female parts left, and worried that her husband would never want to look at her scarred body again.

So, for a present after her second masectomy, I went to the naughty girl's store and bought her some pretty lingerie.

Another thing, she used me as her "guinea pig."  After she was pretty well all healed up, we were in her bedroom doing something, and all of a sudden she dropped her blouse to the floor and stood naked in front of me.  What she was doing was, trying to get an honest reaction from me, to see if people would think her body was horrible and maimed.  Well, I didn't think she looked bad at all.  In fact, you could hardly tell anything had been done!  Well, she was pleased with that, and she decided that if I hadn't run screaming from the room, she must not look too bad, and that gave her courage to eventually undress in front of her husband.   

My point is, if your friend has surgery, even something minor, she may need reassuring that she is still beautiful, and that reassurance may require a little more than simply spoken words. 

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 08:44:38 AM »
Regina found out yesterday that she has triple negative breast cancer which she will have to have surgery, chemo and radiation.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers,
Bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"