Author Topic: Any other northern ponders see their fish lately?  (Read 3348 times)

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Any other northern ponders see their fish lately?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »
I got the clear plastic on my ponds before the ice storm came so when the power went out I didn't
have to worry about the ponds freezing over . I didn't lose any fish except a faintail that got caught in the
 pump....aww well it could have been worse .

bonnie

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 06:26:03 PM »
Well, the pond did not start out being that deep! I was very fortunate to have access to a hydro unit, for not only the depth, but to dig the sides straight down in an attempt to keep the herons out. Before long the "pond" was getting deeper and enormous :o Ugh, I love to walk around the pond, even several times a day @O@ As I do not swim and am terrified of the deep water, my flotation vest is always as the ready ;) This picture just does not do the pond justice! For a little tease, here are a few of the  walleye I caught here on the bay, and YES, I did catch the first and the largest one lol

Offline prestongohlke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/01/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 07:07:30 PM »
Nice! I wanted to dig mine a good 6-7 feet when i started but my house is on top of a hill and its solid rock. I actually had to rent a jack hammer to break it all up.

P

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"