Author Topic: Conditions for HOME BUYERS rebate in the new bailout  (Read 944 times)

Offline JimMcD in SVAZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/12/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Conditions for HOME BUYERS rebate in the new bailout
« on: February 15, 2009, 08:46:39 PM »
The conditions for the HOME BUYERS REBATE in the new bailout are something like:
1.  You bought the house after April 2008
2.  You did not own a home during the previous 3 years
3.  The rebate phases out with increased income.

So, low-income, first-time buyers will get the rebate, but will they be able to make the mortgage payments?  Will they be required to give the rebate back if the default on the mortgage? Isn't this the kind of stupidity that got us into the present mess?  Nahh, couldn't be...could it?

I'm here on a "Free Membership", the rest of you simply aren't paying to be here.  No, it isn't the same thing.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Conditions for HOME BUYERS rebate in the new bailout
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:09:35 AM »
What I don't understand about all this "help" stuff is if our country is so in debt and so many people are out of work, where is this "help" money going to come from. I even worry about the unemployment my husband gets (for the first time in 40 years). If noone is paying into unemployment, where is his going to come from???

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:44:24 AM »
Well, Bill and I qualify, so I'm not complaining!  :D
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:59:31 AM »
The conditions for the HOME BUYERS REBATE in the new bailout are something like:
1.  You bought the house after April 2008
2.  You did not own a home during the previous 3 years
3.  The rebate phases out with increased income.

So, low-income, first-time buyers will get the rebate, but will they be able to make the mortgage payments?  Will they be required to give the rebate back if the default on the mortgage? Isn't this the kind of stupidity that got us into the present mess?  Nahh, couldn't be...could it?

I agree completely.  The idea that everyone is entitled to home ownership is flawed and I believe the government is simply propping up broken system.  The sub-prime mortgage debacle was doomed to failure and the government was just as responsible as the banks.  As distasteful as it sounds the best thing to do is restrict the government's role to one of regulation and let the market correct.  IMHO.
Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"