Author Topic: Sad UPDATE!!!! Must be the Great Easter Heron!!  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Sad UPDATE!!!! Must be the Great Easter Heron!!
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 06:34:45 AM »
Bullfrog that is so funny about the Possum!!

When we lived in CT my daughters would take shortcuts through the woods. One day my oldest (she was 10yrs) came running into the house saying the "ugliest" animal she ever seen chased her out of the woods!!!! I went to see what could have scared her so bad - A Possum with babies!!!!!

And when they were all little my daughters wanted to show me a 'pretty kitty'  of course it was a Skunk!!! We got lucky that time, it was only a few feet away!!

I think the only wild animal that bit me was a Garter Snake - that thing would not let go and actually drew blood!!!  Lets say I now handle snakes with the longest stick or pole that I can find!!!
Lori TX

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 06:54:25 AM »
Someone posted this picture here long ago, the girls said "Come look at the kittens!"...

While we are on the subject about animals, you know when they don't allow photographers in the courtroom they have a sketch artist, one was at Michael Vicks trial...

Decisions, decisions...

And here's a few about giving the cat a bath, another thing you never should do...

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 09:14:44 AM »
So I am assuming that mating season for the Heron is in Spring. I guess I will have to wait till it's over to put out the fake one. Or actually it would be quite interesting to see what the male real one does to the fake one. :D I'm gonna try some of those ideas that Kat posted. We don't have alligators here in the P.N.W and I bet the heron would be pretty surprised to see one floating in a pond or would he even know what one was? Maybe I should add a pirate ship that shoots fake cannon blasts or a dragon that spews fire from his mouth. Well I better get busy and start making my pond look like Disneyland...........so much for the natural look! What we go through for our beloved fish!   o(:-)

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »
My wife commented on the young birds that are now looking for a mate in our backyard. We have watched the parents come and eat, then fly back home trip after trip to feed the babies. Soon, the baby birds came with their parents and sat  there with their mouths open, still wanting to be fed. Now, they are young adults looking for a mate. This goes on year after year in our yard and we love watching it.

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 09:53:03 AM »
Bullfrog...seeing those wet cats I just had to post Rocky's showertime pics....enjoy!

Where's Rocky???

What is this...a wet time-out??

Can you make the rain stop now...please??

Ever have a bad 'feather' day??

The wet look!

Yes, I washed behind my ear hole!

Shaking off the excess...

If you aren't gonna dry me off, I'm doing my nails!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Loritx

• Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 11:37:02 AM »
Rocky is Beautiful!!!!!
Lori TX

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »
Thanks...yes, he's one incredible bird!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:13:59 PM by Blind 'Too »
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 04:17:08 AM »
Cool bird, we had an African Grey but with me working nights this did not work out at all. That bird wouldn't go 3 seconds without screaming something, sounding like the phone, you name it. The bird unfortunately had to go, it was that or my sanity.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"