Author Topic: This type of filter just isn't working for me.....  (Read 765 times)

Offline Karla

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
This type of filter just isn't working for me.....
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
I have 2 different filters in my pond, which is just a small one...approximately 500 gallons (if that) and I'm just tired of how they operate!  One is a Pond Master that has a big square with the filters in it and then a hose attaching it to the pump and out the top through a fountain; the other is one box that has the pump in the bottom, along with bio balls and a grate that goes over the top with the fountain part coming up through a hole!  They don't do a bad job keeping the water clean, but I definitely would hope there's something out there that could do a little better, but the part I absolutely HATE is that I have to take each one out of the pond, take them apart and then reposition them back in the pond and spend so much time getting them straight, etc., not to mention how much it messes with the plants I have in there!  It's such a chore, and I know there has to be an easier way!

So, that's where you all come in....lol.....HELP!!!!  I'm open to any and all suggestions!  Please!!!!!

Karla

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: This type of filter just isn't working for me.....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 04:37:35 AM »
Greg made an excellent filter that I'm going to copy. I scrounged another 55 gallon plastic drum on the way home this morning. I have to drive home anyway and they are free there so I might as well get one every morning. Maybe Greg will post up a link to this most excellent filter.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"