Author Topic: My Website Will Be Shutting Down  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My Website Will Be Shutting Down
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
As of June 4th my website will be shutting down. If you have had your eye on something and just didn't get around to ordering I urge you to do so by then.

I first want to thank my good friends Kathy and Russ W. for letting me share their server. And an extra big THANK YOU to Kathy for making the site for me. I have to take credit for the lousy pics though. Kathy just posted them. LOL Without their generosity and help I wouldn't of had a site. It's been kinda neat saying " My website" LOL But all good things come to an end and I really enjoyed it. Thank you my DEAR friends. HUGS!

I also want to thank you all that purchased earrrings from my site. I hope you all enjoy them for a long time to come. I know I enjoyed making them.

It all started as just a " page or two" for my ponding friends that wanted to see what I made. It has since grown to over 100 pairs of earrings. And I never even thought of being on the first page of Google. 

Again Thank You it's been a pleasure

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My Website Will Be Shutting Down
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 11:36:19 AM »
I still have mine and am pleased with them. I gave football ones to my teenage granddaughter.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »
Dang it!  I'm one of those ones who never got around to ordering any.  The earrings are so cute!  Hopefully, I'll get my rear in gear and check the site and choose some.  Soon.

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 12:48:37 AM »
I love all the ones you made for me and my friends & family. Perfect gifts.
Can I ask why your shutting down? Will you still be making them?

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 06:17:07 AM »
I thank you all for the nice compliments.

As long as they don't get wet the earrings will last for many, many years. I only started beading around the the early 90's and I still have them all.

Yes  Tracey, I'll still be making them. I make them for a new bead shop in town that has been selling them on consignment, along with the Swarovski Crystal  suncatchers I most recently started making. (I LOVE the sparkle of bling)  o(:-)

Kathy and Russ have shared their time, talent, and server with me, to which I am so greatful. Kathy now has a job and no time to devote to keeping up websites.

Again I thank you all for your purchases. Enjoy them for many years to come.  O0

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »
Maybe you could start listing them on the crafter site that Junko listed her pottery on? I think it suppose to be free & the only requirement was that you make the items yourself. Etsy was the name I think.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:43:19 AM by tracey_shafer »

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 09:54:06 AM »
Speaking of Junko I miss seeing her around.

Yeah it's called Etsy. I've thought about it, and may give it a look and see. I don't really bead a whole lot now during the summer unless it is to awfully hot to go outside. So will keep the idea on the back burner till fall anyhow. The store is keeping me busy enough for now.

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 10:04:04 AM »
Do you do custom earrings?  If I sent you a picture could you make earrings from it?

Bart

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »
Do you do custom earrings?  If I sent you a picture could you make earrings from it?

Bart

No sorry Bartman. I'm not that good. I have a program that's supposedly you can do that, but I can't figure out how to work it. Actually I have a few programs I can't figure out.  ::)

Sorry wished I could help you.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:12:47 AM »

Yeah it's called Etsy. I've thought about it, and may give it a look and see. I don't really bead a whole lot now during the summer unless it is to awfully hot to go outside. So will keep the idea on the back burner till fall anyhow. The store is keeping me busy enough for now.

Junko doesn't do much on Etsy anymore tho she does still have her site there.  Mostly, she sells on Hyenacart.  She's been taking enough special orders to keep her busy. 

There is another new site for selling handmade goods - it's called artfire and it doesn't cost anything to list your wares there.  A lot of crafters are moving there from Etsy where you have to pay per listing . . .

You should look at starting a store on one or more of these sites Nancy. 

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:24:13 AM »
I will have to check it out, thanks!!  @O@

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

Junko doesn't do much on Etsy anymore tho she does still have her site there.  Mostly, she sells on Hyenacart.  She's been taking enough special orders to keep her busy. 

There is another new site for selling handmade goods - it's called artfire and it doesn't cost anything to list your wares there.  A lot of crafters are moving there from Etsy where you have to pay per listing . . .

You should look at starting a store on one or more of these sites Nancy. 

Thanks Teresa, I've never heard of either one of those sites. Will check them out.  O0

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 08:57:33 AM »
How is Junko, I've missed her as well as yourself Teresa.  :)
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline frloplady

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »
I THINK artfire is $12/month, but unlimited?  Trying to read fine print for a friend who makes baby clothes
Mary

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"