Author Topic: A bunny that climbs stairs  (Read 1899 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
A bunny that climbs stairs
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »
Recently we have had a bunny that climbs our 6 front steps leading to our porch. I never knew they would or could actually climb steps. Anyway....I put cookies or crackers out for squirrels and this bunny apparently has discovered them. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen one climb? We have lived here for 34 years and never had one on the porch.
zone 5b

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: A bunny that climbs stairs
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 09:12:25 PM »
A rabbit at a very young age can easily jump 2-3 feet..your stairs were a piece of cake for a rabbit!
Mary

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 05:13:51 AM »
Yep! No problem. I had a bunny once that liked stuffed animals. She would carry it around the yard with her. It was so cute.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 06:22:08 AM »
The most surprising thing to me is that the rabbit is not scared of human scent, and not scared to be so close to humans.

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 07:39:27 AM »
We often see wild cottontail rabbits sitting on our deck (4 steps) and our front porch (5 steps) in the winter.  Don't think I've ever seen them up there in the summer though.  They also like to come to the bird feeders at night and eat up the spilled seed.
emm

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 12:06:39 PM »
I have at least one bunny at the feeder every evening, sometimes two. I  have seen them in the winter standing along side the deer feeding with them. Too bad it was night time or would of gotten some pics.

I talk to them when they come to the feeder, it's only about 20 ft away, and they just keep on eating.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 12:24:16 PM »
I've only seen pet bunnies climb stairs and small ladders - for their cages.  Not wishing for wild bunnies in my garden but I do love watching them elsewhere.

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 02:01:41 PM »
This bunny will sit under our eaves when it's raining, apparently he's quite a bright bunny. :) I know they can jump but have never seen one actually climb steps. Last night we walked out the front door and he sat about 2 feet away and just watched us. I tossed him a fresh cookie and he gobbled it up. How cute! I guess he needs a name, huh?
zone 5b

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 08:55:50 PM »
How about.... Cookie  ???     :D

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 05:55:39 AM »
Good idea!!! How appropriate, huh? ;D
zone 5b

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 04:29:41 AM »
This bunny will sit under our eaves when it's raining, apparently he's quite a bright bunny. :) I know they can jump but have never seen one actually climb steps. Last night we walked out the front door and he sat about 2 feet away and just watched us. I tossed him a fresh cookie and he gobbled it up. How cute! I guess he needs a name, huh?

It looks like you've been chosen, get that bunny a carrot.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"