Author Topic: attacked by a dragonfly......  (Read 3331 times)

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: attacked by a dragonfly......
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 09:02:22 PM »
Tink,
You do have some funny critters at your pond. I remember when you posted about the one legged frog and the gold fish with no tail. You did show us pictures of them. :) Before I pass any judge ment I will wait to see the pictures.  {:-P;;
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 04:36:16 AM »
lol yall are to funny!  When you find I have been carried away by this huge ugly thing you will be sorry you made fun of me.. probably not huh!

Oh if I can only get a picture of this thing so yall can eat crow....hehehe

tink

I told you the story about being bitten by a tiny opossum that I was rescuing from the cat and the tiny mouse drawing blood when I rescued it from a cat. I have a history of being attacked by small critters also Tink, I feel for ya.  :)

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 07:44:26 AM »
About 3 years ago I was siting by the pond with some friends who were visiting and what looked like the BIGGEST dragonfly I had ever seen started to rise slowly from the waters edge by some cattails.   Now understand that I have seen all of the big green darners and other very big dragonflies all of my life, but this thing was bigger BY FAR than any I have ever seen !!. It was HUGE!!  At least half again as big as a big green darner or maybe twice as big. I Kidd you not! and I have witnesses. I am not exaggerating!
      This thing was all black and flew very weakly. Like it had just emerged from the water and expanded and dried it's wings and was taking it's first flight. Not only that it flapped it's wings like a damselfly !! I know that when dragonflies fly for the first time they fly weakly and usually just fly a short distance and land.  But they still flap there wings like a dragonfly although much slower. This made me think that it had just emerged from the water and was taking it's first flight.
     I said to my friends, "Hey look at that", and we all watched it rise slowly up and over, about 150 ft. to the top of an oak tree where it landed.  Then we all looked at each other in shock and I said " That was the biggest @#&^%$%  ^%#@#*& dragonfly I've ever seen !!!  Everyone else agreed and said it was scary.  One friend said he didn't think it was a dragonfly, but a secret CIA black opps spy robot!!   
     All I wanted was to get a good look at it, but I have never seen one again since.

Offline Rad Michelle

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • hakuna matata
  • With us since: 08/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »
haha not only do i want to see this huge dragon fly of tinks- i want to see her all geared up in protective gear and camo and sneaking and chasing after this thing with a camera.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"