Author Topic: I worked on the pond again today  (Read 2433 times)

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I worked on the pond again today
« on: October 28, 2006, 06:53:47 PM »
I got one whole side of rock lowered the way I want. Now its not sticking up above the water. Tonight I built a fire and set out by it for awhile. I wish some of you lived closer.

Offline goldenangel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I worked on the pond again today
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »
Oh WOW!!  8-)~   Love the pond.  That wouldn't be a pond in my backyard.  I believe that would be considered more of a small lake.  I could get into some serious trouble if I had that size of pond to play with everyday. 
Central IL zone 5

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 07:44:41 PM »
Your rock ledge looks great, of course I liked it before, but it looks even better now.  That's a lot of big rocks to move. The fire looks cozy, great way to warm your tozies!  ;D
Karen

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:45:10 PM »
I think that I see what you are talking about. The rocks where the dog is standing seem lower, but look VERY BIG. Are you going to do this to the whole pond?
The pond and fish are beautiful.
I'm sure alot know, but where are you located?
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »
Heck, I will be over, even bring the wine. o(:-)
Looks super.  Love the size. If I ever build or rebuild I would opt for those dimensions.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline gander

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 08:27:59 PM »
I think that I see what you are talking about. The rocks where the dog is standing seem lower, but look VERY BIG. Are you going to do this to the whole pond?
The pond and fish are beautiful.
I'm sure alot know, but where are you located?
Steve
Yes the rocks are very big. This is about the 6th time I have moved them. I hope this will be the last time.
I am in Notheast Oklahoma. A small town Gore.

Hey Jerry come on over.

Offline obsessed-nj

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 08:34:40 PM »
OMG 8-)~! I absolutely LOVE your pond, landscaping, little dog, gorgeous fish, and your canopy! Is the canopy a DIY job or purchased? That's just what I need over my pond and the first time I've ever seen one big enough. If it's purchased, could you tell me where, and if DIY please, please share plans?? If I put one over my pond and prayed real hard, do you think mine could magically look as gorgeous as your? ;)

Linda

Offline gander

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 08:43:55 PM »
Linda that is a stuppy greenhouse. 30x96 it has 8 foot sidewalls. They are pretty expensive but you can get cheaper ones. I used to have a greenhouse business but could not make a go of it in our small town. The greenhouse was going to waste and I took the sides and ends off and added the pond. When I first built the pond it was shallow and full of rocks. This year I dug it deeper and put in bottom drains. It is now 12000 gallons. I kept the same foot print. Its roughly 24x19

Offline Koi Boi

• Members
  • Oklahoma zone 7a
  • With us since: 03/10/2006
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 09:04:01 PM »
Looks great gander!  Do you fully enclose the frame to ward off the "Ice and Snow Blues"?  My Neigbor and I have been scheming for the last three years on a large frame covering for a good sized pond like that.  I like the way you hid your sound system and wet bar, uh, where is it? {:-P;;

Paul.

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 06:17:03 AM »
Beautiful rock work Gander. Heck, the whole pond is outstanding. Every time I see it I find more things I love about it..  o(:-) 8-)~ Cozy fire :)

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 07:58:49 AM »
You have a beautiful pond and I love your rock ledge!  That fire looks like the perfect way to end the day. 
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline obsessed-nj

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 09:57:47 AM »
Hey, Gander, I have a case of roof tiles going to waste---think you could add a house under it? LOL ;D Seriously, yours must be a small town, indeed, not to have taken advantage of your obvious energy and ingenuity! Bet the townsfolk are pea-green looking at what you've done with your re-directed talent. Maybe you should have done the pond first and invited potential customers to sit beside it and browse your catalog. I know I'd walk away committed to buying "one of each" of anything you were offering! (8:-)

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 10:47:10 AM »
guys his place is just gorgeous in person.....I always referr to it as paradise  o(:-) o(:-)........And Gary has one heck of a green thumb and the sweetest guy you'll ever meet....I'm envious.....and proud to say I only live 45 minutes from Ganderville....now if I could only get down there more often :'(......
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline gander

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 11:05:28 AM »
Not very many from my town have seen it. There are a few but people around here dont seem to garden much anymore.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 06:08:50 PM »
Very pretty!  I love all your rock work.. I am in the process of doing the same thing to my pond. I dug out the shelves woohoo.. no more dirt in my pond... I finally put a stable brick "ring" around my liner for the berm and I plan on making fake cap rocks ..

Your firepit makes me want to get out the marshmallows and hershey's.. good ole shmores!

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 04:31:30 AM »
Awww, that looks great!  My mind must have been thinking likes Tinksters.....first thing I thought of when I saw the fire was, roasting marshmallows and hot dogs.  Might just have to build me one in my pit, if it ever stops raining around here long enough.  Yuck, so tired of rain.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"