Author Topic: Magic Jack  (Read 4600 times)

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Jack
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
That is cool, can I get it from ebay or something?, it does not matter, if I will have it delivered there and sometime in november or so will get it down here.
Oh boy, I truly want one.
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 07:23:04 PM »
No, not Ebay, you need to buy it from the company so they activate it.  try here

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »
Thanks Jonna, I am so interested in this I talked to the family I've got there and they said they will get it for me.
Is not this nice?
Anyways thanks for the info.
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline jw

• Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 10:43:54 AM »
And so there is no advertisement that you have to listen to? Just seems like one of those too good to be true deals. But I am sooooooooo close to getting one that I can taste it  :o

Offline Jonna

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »
No, no ad to listen to.  You have to have the program running on a computer and I think there are ads there.  The phone works just like a phone.  What I like most is that it uses any phone you have including a wireless one. 

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
Thanks Jonna, I think I may have to give it a try. I'm not out that much if it won't work on my computer. Do you have one?

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 01:34:39 AM »
I ran a new phone line, tweaked it, tried it on two different phone lines and computers and still get a bunch of static, a wavering dial tone, voices in the background and bad echoes. Obviosly it does work for some but it didn't work for me. I took it off and will return it.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 10:36:51 AM »
Yikes, Bullfrog that is not what I wanted to hear.............and after all the work you went through  :-\ I wonder if anybody knows why it won't work for you? Thanks for letting me know...........now I must rethink this idea  :thinking:

Offline Jonna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
I'm curious why you needed to run phone line?  The one I have, you just plug the phone into the thing that hangs off the computer, no lines to run.

I do think it is dependent on the speed and reliability of your internet connection.  We have DSL here and it is pretty fast.

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 01:18:31 PM »
Wow I didn't realize it would be so much work. I thought you just had to plug them into the computer and hook your phone up to it and voila that was it. I sure hope this works for you for all the trouble you have to go through.

Thats really all you have to do, but the phone jack in the room with the computer had a bad wire so I had to rerun it which I did yesterday. I just woke up and now all I have to do is plug the darn thing in and download the program, but I need some coffee right now before work and don't know how long that will take. Maybe I'll get another day off this week.  :)

Jonna, Here is a previous post from page 1 that he posted as to why he needed to run a line.

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 01:25:30 PM »
I'm gonna call or go in and talk to the people at Best Buy up here and chat w/ them about it before I buy it and I'll let ya know how it goes for me. I have an Intel Pentium 4CPU with 768MB's of ram w/ XP PRO version 2002 on it so my computer is several yrs old but I have Comcast high speed cable broadband internet service so it may work fine. We shall see  ;D I am having some doubts but some of you say it works fine so I may try.  :thinking:

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 04:32:51 AM »
I have a new Hewlett Packard dual core processor 2.66GHz 2.67GHz with 3 GB RAM a nd a 32 bit operating system. I have high speed DSL and meet the requirements. The Magicjack is kind of thick, they supply an extension cord and the live help asked if it was plugged right into the PC or on a cord, thought maybe the ord was picking up interference so I had to unplug mouse to make it fit, still bad audio quality. So I tried it on my wifes old PC with Windows XP and a known good phone line, same problem, it simply does not work here.

Others here have used it with good results so I say risk the $39.95 initial purchase whic includes the first year and just keep up with your reciept, you can always return it.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »
Good idea and I'm thinking about it. I'll let ya know if I get it and hook it up and what happens.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"