Author Topic: Caught that Fed Ex man . . . .  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Caught that Fed Ex man . . . .
« on: November 01, 2006, 10:23:14 AM »
DD#1 took some of her babysitting proceeds and bought herself a new and bigger Ipod (I get her hand-me-down  @O@ ).  It was ordered Sunday, and we were watching the tracking . . . . nothing . . . . never moved after being picked up at the shippers.  I had to put a signed sheet outside if I wanted them to leave it, but I didn't want to put it out till the thing was coming.  The tracking site still said projected delivery on the 6th of November.

So this morning I went for my usual walk and when I came home, I saw the fed ex truck at the bottom of my driveway!  Ran all the way down the street, staying right in front of that truck and didn't let him go anywhere.  Knocked on his window and asked if he had delivered the package and he said "nobody was home".  So I convinced him to give it to me and now I have it!!  She's gonna be so happy (and I'm not?)!!!

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: Caught that Fed Ex man . . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »
 O0 @O@ lol
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 05:48:15 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 05:55:21 AM »
Hers is all charged and loaded up with music . . . . she's got a ton more room now and she's already started adding new cd's to it.  As soon as she gets her computer back, she can really go to town.

And the really good news is . . . . . My new Ipod is also all loaded up and going to the mountains with me today!!!!   Gonna have some music, sweet sweet music!!!

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »
Good deal all around. Pete got me an ipod too a few months ago. I didn't want one but he loaded it up for me and now I take it jogging and love it.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 01:35:45 PM »
Spent about 3 hours in the car today and I have to say it was really nice to never listen to the same song twice . . . .

Offline terri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 05:50:54 AM »
awesome!!
terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 06:57:53 AM »
Two questions:
Is a 2 gig big enough?
How can you stand to have a plug in your ear all day?

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 07:15:14 AM »
2 gig isn't big enough . . . . 4 gig holds a thousand songs and ends up not being very much after a pretty short time - which is why DD upgraded to the big one.  There used to be a 6 gig, but there isn't now.  The 8 gig is the same price as the 30 gig.

And I cannot stand to have the earplugs in at all.  But I have a little speaker system that the ipod plugs into and I treat it like a radio in the kitchen.  Mostly I use it in the car and I have a cassette adapter for it - bought it in the clearance stuff for $4 for DH who left it sitting on the counter.  DD took it and started playing it in the car all the time - got me hooked.  So I had her add a few of my cd's to her ipod - which ended up filling it up, thus creating the need for a newer, bigger one - thus allowing me to grab her hand me down.  When I delete all the teenage crap off hers, I'll have more room for more old fogey music (you know -those torch songs from the 40's!)

The little speaker systems can be had for as little as $20 or can cost more than the ipod.  A friend got me one on clearance - it was originally sold for $99 and she got it for $7.  Doncha just love that clearance section?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"