Author Topic: change in seasons  (Read 1717 times)

Offline cheri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/10/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
change in seasons
« on: November 01, 2006, 09:44:03 AM »
the seasons are changing fast here... BTW I think this is also my first post here... Cheri

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: change in seasons
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 10:04:54 AM »
Hi Cheri,
Yup it's changing alright, but I see that at least you still have green grass.
Here in Wisconsin it HAS changed.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline cheri

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »
 {:-P;;well, I meant to add a "pond" related picture, but... I'll try again.  Cheri

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 10:55:59 AM »
Welcome Cheri :)  Great pictures!

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 02:57:08 PM »
We don't have much of a season change here but my Ginko leaves will also eventually turn golden yellow and fall.  Welcome aboard Cheri!
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 04:01:15 PM »
Welcome to American Ponders Cheri. Love the reflection of your Japanese Maple on the pond. Beautiful!
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 04:12:10 PM »
Congratz on your first post.  hope you make many more.
Did i see a giant Bird of Paradise?  Are you in calif per chance? o(
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline cheri

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 07:59:48 AM »
Steve: our grass stays green well into the winter here in the mid-west; that is if our summer doesn't kill it. >:(
Kay: yesterday I was busy taking picture because I like the colors and well, I really didn't want to get to work in the yard.   ::) But eventually I did get some work done.
Mikey: I just love our Ginkgo tree, my DH and I planted it a couple of years ago.  Growing up in Nebraska I had one in my parents yard.  Funny thing was, I thought they always dropped "green" leaves in just one or two days because that's what it always did there.  Here in KS our weather is a bit milder and the Ginkgo turns that nice golden yellow. 
Croft:  I love our Japanese Maple, but it's so hard to photograph because the "lighting" is so harsh... maybe I just need photography lessons.  :-\
Jerry:  I do have a bird of paradise, but it's up in the master bedroom next to the window.  I wish I was in California...or better yet Hawaii. 
I've tumbled in and out of different ponding forums... mainly lurking because well, as you can see, my pond is so small... I love it, but it's not too exciting.  My yard is just about as small, though my DH did manage to tuck a greenhouse into the corner of the yard because he (we) likes building things, and our home doesn't have that many windows... but it all keeps me pretty busy.  Cheri

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »
Cheri,
   I think all ponds no matter the size are wonderful. Yours is beautiful. I love the reflections in the water. The plantings are lovely. As for taking pictures, I go out to work in the garden and end up finding all kinds of things to occupy my time, taking pictures is just one of the necessary things to do out there  ;D (I grew up in Kansas :))
Kay

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 11:28:47 AM »
Welcome Cheri! I enjoyed your photos of your lovely pond and garden and look forward to seeing more next season.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"