Author Topic: Halloween Fun...is Your State Haunted?  (Read 1469 times)

Offline terri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Halloween Fun...is Your State Haunted?
« on: October 28, 2006, 04:12:55 AM »
Well, it seems like PA is big time haunted!! I live near many of the sites that are in this list...

http://theshadowlands.net/places/pennsylvania.htm

see what hauntings are in your state..

http://theshadowlands.net
terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: Halloween Fun...is Your State Haunted?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 08:14:07 AM »
Yes, especially in NYC. I just bought a VERY cool book in BJS called Ghosts of NY.
We had 3 ghosts right here in this old farmhouse but they are benevolent, pretty much part of the family.
When we first moved in, one was a bit of a trouble maker and one of the pranks hurt Jamie,
but I literally yelled out that night and told the ghost to NEVER to that again or else. &-)
And it never happened again. 8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 12:05:40 PM »
Uhhhh, whatever...

Joyce, have you ever SEEN a ghost?   I  have.. :o :o :o :o..

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 01:00:23 PM »
I've got all kinds of "ghost" stories from when we lived in an old farmhouse in the mountains. They were annoyed for awhile after we moved in and pulled lots of stuff on us but we finally reached a happy medium. (8:-)

My fire department owns an old building that sits behind our second fire station. It was built in 1936 and was once part of the old school that was there and served as the gym, auditorium and lunchroom. When it was being built, one of the construction workers was down in a hole they were digging out for a cistern and it collapsed in on him and he was killed. The story of the building being haunted by his spirit has passed down over the years. We keep the building in good repair and use it for training as well as leasing it for small functions like receptions or craft shows. We use it for our Halloween Haunted House and Carnival every year and we always tell the story about "Murphy" and his antics to the people who attend. His most common stunts are slamming doors very hard and moving things around. The building is on the state registry of historical places.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 05:23:23 PM »
Yes, John, I've seen my first cats ghost quite a bit. (8:-)
This went on for years until we moved out of that house about 6 years ago.

And once when I was about 9 years old, I saw one cross my room and go into my closet.
My mom told me I was hallucinating and yelled at me to stop screaming, (I had a fever)
but I saw him poke his head out and snicker at me cuz he knew he got me in trouble.
When my mom left, I called him a whimpy ghost for being afraid of my mom, never saw him again.  &-)

Here in this house, I have seen things in the periphery of my vision, but nothing substantial.
I hear the ghost, she plays the organ and sings gospel songs. I think it's my late bosses mom.
(this is the house that my boss Frank grew up in, was born in this house too)
The organ used to be right here where my computer is set up.

When Jamie was a baby, in our old house in NC, we used to hear a man singing Jamie lullabies and nursery rhymes over her baby monitor. I am pretty sure it was my dad, although the monitor distorted the voice quite a bit. Both Bill and I couldn't be sure who it was. But we got used to it after a few weeks. :o (8:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline terri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 04:04:27 AM »
I had a ghost in my first home, here in PA... an old man who just paced the hallway, upstairs and went up and down the stairs.. i Never saw him, but my exDH and a close friend did see him.

I have a ghost cat here... I know the original owner of this house, and so found out information about my ghost cat. He has flipped out my cats, i have seen him, in my yard and indoors..so has DH. His name is Fuzzy, and is a fairly large grey kitty.
I didnt know it at the time, but i disturbed his grave when i removed some arborvitae to make a parking pad.. and from that point on, he was around here often.
I discussed it with the original owner, he showed me pics of the cat..
Ive had alot of strange things going on here with that ghost kitty.
terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 08:11:54 AM »
I was surprised at how many haunted places there were in Michigan. One was in the little village where I worked for 12 years and had never heard of the haunting.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »
We have ghosts here too, but I guess we are in good hands.  Lorraine Warren, the famous "ghost hunter" lives in our town.  Her dh died just a few months ago.  They have been on countless TV shows and movies, they were the paranormal investigators for famous cases like the Amityville Horror.   (8:-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"