Author Topic: Tri weekend  (Read 824 times)

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Tri weekend
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
My siblings and I are racing in a triathlon next Sunday in Victoria. One of my sisters is doing the whole race on her own and the rest of us are forming teams. We have two teams, one with our daughter as the swimmer and one sister cycling and another running. My team doesn't have a swimmer so we are doing a duathlon with a niece running 5 km my brother cycling 40 km and I am running the 10 km.  I have been busy training for this and haven't had much time for the gardens or hanging out here, but hope to be more focused on gardening after this weekend.
We do this race purely for fun and as motivation for our fitness programs. Our team names are Style over Speed and we do look good but aren't very fast.
Pete and I have done a lot of cycling this summer. Yesterday we rode about 50 km. I plan to ride my bike into Victoria from the ferry on Saturday.
The weather has been stinking hot and humid the last few weeks with major lightning and thunder last night. I am hoping for slightly cooler temps and less humidity for next weekend.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Tri weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 02:08:53 PM »
Good for you. I hope it all goes well and you at least finish with a good time and are safe.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"