Author Topic: nightbloomer with mottled pads?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
nightbloomer with mottled pads?
« on: July 24, 2009, 12:53:43 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a nightbloomer tropical lily with mottled pads?  Trying to id a lost/ swaped tag compliements a la racoon last winter... no blooms yet to help with the id
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: nightbloomer with mottled pads?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »
In don't think so. Ask Craig he will know.

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:01:24 PM »
Not mottled distinct bands of color like day bloomers.
N. Celon Pink has some flecking on it especially when juvenile.
The true N. Red Flare has some darker flecks on an adult plants pad.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 05:23:54 AM »
I have a nightbloomer with mottled pads, granted they are not heavily mottled or attractively mottled for that matter.  more like "hardy" lily mottled.<g>  But it is a neotropical nightbloomer in the subgenus Hydrocallis.

My night photography skills are lacking, but at least you get an idea what the flower looks like.

A good mottled night.....I'll mention it next time I talk to my friend Carlos at Kew gardens....he is doing wonders with crosses between the subgenera and has a night/ day cross.  I'll just suggest he add the mottled pads.<g>
Craig     SW FL 9B

Don't sweat the petty things....and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 04:22:21 AM »
I have a nightbloomer with mottled pads, granted they are not heavily mottled or attractively mottled for that matter.  more like "hardy" lily mottled.<g>  But it is a neotropical nightbloomer in the subgenus Hydrocallis.

My night photography skills are lacking, but at least you get an idea what the flower looks like.

A good mottled night.....I'll mention it next time I talk to my friend Carlos at Kew gardens....he is doing wonders with crosses between the subgenera and has a night/ day cross.  I'll just suggest he add the mottled pads.<g>

Oooh that is exciting news!  That would be so cool to have a tropical that blooms in the day and night  @O@  No more running home trying to get a glimpse of a bloom that opened that day...and missing it anyways >:(-  Especially cool if it had mottled pads too.  ;D 

My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"