Author Topic: New super hybrid white  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Cedric

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
New super hybrid white
« on: July 18, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »
Muang Thummanoon X Dauben from Thailand.

Offline Cedric

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: New super hybrid white
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 05:43:28 PM »
You'll have to wait for a close up of the bloom once mine get going. .
I find it difficult concentrating, talking, bargaining, and dealing while taking a picture, but there it is. I like this one very much because it loves to flower, the flowers have excellent substance and are a good bright white, having a good number of sturdy snow white petals. The plant is strong and to cap it all it is nice and compact even in a big pond. More bloom and less endless leaf. The flowers also stand on stalks high out of the water, making a lovely white focal point in a large container, the pads are of the brightest spring green, would contrast wonderfully with a dark dark ceramic pot for example. Only problem I was hoping for some colour in the leaves, stripes, as this goes so well with white, can't have everything I suppose, not all the time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:09:09 PM by Cedric »

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 02:35:40 PM »
"More bloom, and less endless leaf"

Now those are words to live by. I have not had a white lilly for a number of years now, and I think it is time to get one again. Innocence was my last one, and if nothing else, they seem to set of the coloured lillies quite nicely.

Even for plain green pads Cedric, they are still interesting - not that dark, gloomy, standard green.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Cedric

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 04:50:45 AM »
Oh yes I agree Mike the green is nice, bright green is a very useful colour in a garden it makes a wonderful foil for anything really. What was 'Innocence' like, I was thinking of trying to get a tuber sent to me from Australia if that's possible. Everyone seems to think its a good one, at least thats my verdict. White (and yellow) set off other lilies beautifully you are so right there. Next to dark purple almost magic.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 04:04:02 AM by Cedric »

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »
I love the habit of the pads. looks very jungley! (is that a word?)
Sean once gave me lilly called "GI Joe" it had wonderful speckled pads.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 04:54:03 AM »
It looks to be a pure white.  I like lilies with long stems, even hardies.  It is easier to see them oven the top of the stocktanks.

Offline Cedric

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 04:42:52 PM »
SueStx then this one is just right, the stems are at least (I'm metric here) 50cm long. It had its first major trial last few days during the typhoon, excessively heavy rains and winds taking out entire trees. Not a blemish on its first crisp white flowers none at all, not one spot. Standing straight as a pin like an Olympic torch.

It has plain bright green pads, underside has very few pale purple red spots. Leaves are smallish. I've been told it will be named so I am delighted about that.

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Authorized Self Portrait?
  • With us since: 11/03/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 07:05:57 AM »
Darn, the pic is gone and I love whites!!!

Steve

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"