Author Topic: Free koi  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Free koi
« on: September 05, 2009, 07:08:57 AM »
Just bring a net and some waders..http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129023

The other night I took my 5 yr old daughter fishing with me to an old spot I used to fish at. We were having a blast busting panfish when all of the sudden we see these gigantic Koi just gliding through our lines. There must have been 50 of them ranging from about 10 inches to the biggest was about 3 ft long! Some were orange, speckeled, red, white, and the big boy was white with a red head. They didn't take our worms we had out, they just jumped around splashing on top of each other. We finally just reeled our gear in and watched them till it got dark. I've never heard of people targeting them to catch so I really don't have much knowledge about catching them. This same place had been completely drained a few years back and I remember an article in the newspaper about how people would dump their fish in there after they outgrew their backyard water gardens. So I guess theses things have just taken it over. I was just wondering if anybody ever tries to catch these or what to expect if we did hook one?

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Free koi
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 02:35:15 PM »
Ok so it's in Texas Bullfrog...............you are in Texas...................big money making project for you I am thinking  @O@. Better email this dude and find that hot spot  O0

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »
I'm telling him that he has found a gold mine before he eats a $2,000.00 fish.  http://www.thekoifarm.com/

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »
Holy Mackerel or should I say Holy Koi  @O@. You've got to convince him to get those fish outta that fishing hole and sell them Bullfrog. You could be his partner and ring up orders for him  ;D

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
I may say holy carp!!!!.... :o.....2k for a fish....that is unbelieaveable...
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"