Author Topic: Rescue kits  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Rescue kits
« on: August 21, 2009, 11:17:11 AM »
Today the mailman pulled in my driveway blowing his horn and had two packages for me, one from Esther and one from Cath (livetogarden)!!  They were full of presents for the girls, coloring books, sun catcher kits, crayons, markers, glitter, little goodie bags for both girls just crammed full of crafts and food too; Esther  made trail mix and her famous chocolate covered cookies (I'm thinking I'm gonna scab some of those for myself  8) )  gift cards from Cath for them to enjoy dinners that I don't have to make!  In my life, I have never experienced such generosity and from people who don't even know me or my family!  All of this made possible by Jerry and Sean. 

I hardly think a Thank You is enough--my heart is so full.  I will definitely "pay it forward".  I am using Maren's laptop until mine is back from the computer shop.  The time they spent shopping, making the boxes, packing them and the money spent to mail them -- all the while thinking of me, Maren, and the girls well  :'( :'( :hug: :hug: o(:-) 

As soon as the boxes were open, the girls were playing with their color on velvet posters.  Wow.  What wonderful people you are!
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue kits
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 11:22:01 AM »
awwww guys that was so sweet,ya'll are terrific....lorraine
lorraine

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 12:45:52 PM »
Wow that was really a nice thing to do  :)

Offline ponderer

• Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 01:12:38 PM »
There are some super people on this forum!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 02:16:56 PM »
Oh gee, I didn't know Cath was doing it too. We should have gotten our heads together. LOL. Glad it was something to take your minds off your trials for a little while. I swear, I could have spent double if I had kept the stuff in my cart that I put back. LOL. I was going to get Maren a book but when I started picking them up   :o :o $$ so put it back.  The box was getting full and I had one more thing to put in there----a thick pad of construction paper, all different colors. BUTTTTT the stupid pad was larger than the box. Like a dumby I didn't realize how large the pad was. So it was too late then, so crammed some filler in and taped it up and sent it off, figuring you had paper for them to draw on. Gives me a good feeling to know I touched a bunch of somebody's hearts.

Oh LuAnn. What did you think of the jumbo aspirins? I forgot to photo them.

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 02:45:13 PM »
What a big heart they have!  It takes a special person to give to someone in need when asked, and an exceptional person to foresee the opportunity to give.

Well done, girls!   (I hate the word "ladies". I knew I was old when people started calling me mam and ladies     ?)(?    :cry:
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »
I feel honored to be called a lady. Was always expected to work like a dog but behave like a lady.

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 06:12:53 PM »
OK...  Well done, ladies.  I think we all aim to behave like ladies but it just seems like one day all of a sudden I was being addressed as "mam" and "ladies".  Maybe mam bothers me more than ladies.  Just makes me feel old, that's all.  I guess it was just kind of a turning point.
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 08:53:27 PM »
Oh Esther, I LOVED the giant aspirin and I took one home with me since I figured I'd need it for later   lol 

I just got my computer up and have been trying to run updates on it so I'll be back in the morning with a couple of pics I took of the girls with their things.  They were so thrilled and Maren and I were so touched--they played for hours and didn't complain to their mom that they were bored this afternoon.  What a relief!  I have never seen boxes so full of goodies:  it was like Christmas for us and them!  :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:20:59 AM »
Cool.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »
LuAnn....you made my day with this post. I'm sitting here smiling with a pic of the girls in my head deciding what to play with next. So glad Esther and I brought some smiles to your family.
How is Maren doing?
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 07:42:53 AM »
Cath, Maren is doing very well, her pain is less and less everyday and I hope she will be off pain meds before long.  They are so high-powered that I am afraid of the addiction problem.  Just a mom talking here.  But she and the girls are adjusting to this very well, thanks to your thoughtfulness!  And Esther's!  Below are some pics I think you will enjoy!!   o(:-)  That and the prayers and well wishes from so many on this forum! 

And my morning coffe with my aspirin was just the ticket!!   lol
LuAnn

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 04:00:56 PM »
LOL @ the aspirin. I'm gonna steal it and put it on my computer with the other project pictures.

Look at the tongue on the red shirted one. My mom used to do that. Then she would look like she was chewing when she cut with the scissors.

Again, glad they/you/Maren enjoyed the stuff.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 04:03:03 PM by Esther »

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 07:23:02 PM »
That's my kind of aspirin!  lol
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline cricket67

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »
That was very sweet of u ladies to do that for those little girls....the girls are sooo pretty.... ;)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:40:20 AM »
LuAnn....the girls are adorable!!! So glad they are enjoying their new goodies. I hope Maren continues to make great progress.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »
That's a tough pill to swallow!
The girls are beautiful!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"