Author Topic: Prayers would be good...  (Read 6624 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers would be good...
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »
I'm glad she's coming home.

You know, it might not be a bad idea to have her talk to someone, some trained therapist.  Not because she's "weepy" (which is totally normal) but because that weepiness is a sign of stress, and that's a sign of PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  All of which is to say, she experienced a life-threatening and life-changing event, and yes, she will come out alright.  But the events like that lay heavy on our minds and psyches and emotions, and it really helps / heals to talk them out.  The mere act of having words pass out of your mouth and into the air helps to get crap out of your head.

Talking to anyone is helpful.  But talking to someone trained in how to deal with the emotions, draw out thoughts, etc., is even better.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2009, 08:35:10 PM »
Thanks Julles, you are probably right and I'll keep watch on her. 

We got her home but she was up too much and when she went to bed was in a lot of pain.  It's been a very long day for all of us, and when I left she and the girls at 10:00--they were all tucked into bed.  I hope she rests well and gets some sleep, her hip was bothering her the most. 

Hopefully, she will get a routine down and learn how to move around with her new equipment.  I'll be there to help too, and the girls were so sweet helping her.  They were soooo excited to have her home again--as were her cats!   ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2009, 10:46:25 PM »
This is great news!!   @O@   BUT, you do need to take care of yourself too as Lorraine said.  It won't help if you get run down.  So, take some time and some space for yourself and remember to try and eat well and take your vitamins..... OK?

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2009, 05:45:01 AM »
Thanks for thinking of me--I was exhausted when I went to bed last night--and overslept this morning.  :P  But I'm drinking my coffee sitting at my computer relaxing before I start my day, with my friends on AP   @O@

I'm taking my vitamins and supplements too  ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2009, 10:41:27 AM »
We went to a hog roast Saturday and had so much fun!  A friend of ours raised 3 hogs this year and fixed 1/2 of a hog on a spit over a charcoal fire.  It cooked all day and the weather around here cleared up and was cool and sunny.  I had a couple of glasses of wine and I don't know when I've laughed so much.  Probably a lot of pent up emotion in there, ya think?!   lol 

Anyway, school starts for the oldest granddaughter on Wednesday, I will be taking her to the open house tonight and dropping off her school supplies.  She'll meet her teacher and see her room.  She is really acting like she's ready to begin, guess we'll see when Wednesday rolls around, huh?   {:-P;; 

Maren is doing very well, since she's feeling pretty good has to watch she doesn't over do it.  She is still not to put weight on the right leg.  I would guess after she sees a docter in a few weeks, he'll tell what to do next. 

The girls are still playing with all the goodies from Cath and Esther, and will be for some time to come!  They've made things and are wearing necklaces from one of the kits today.  Just an update on all of us..thanks for caring :hug:
LuAnn

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2009, 02:09:50 PM »
I figured they'd be starting school soon so stuck in a few things to do with that too. Will both Taylor and Zoie start?

I love pig roasts. Our church is going to have one the 13th during a 75th anniversary celebration. I hope I get to have some pork. I've been to a few where they overestimated the amount of meat or underestimated the number of people and what they'd eat.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »
Esther,
Taylor starts 2nd grade and Zoie will start pre-school this year. 

Our pig roast was actually a church sort of thing.  We always hold an auction every year where people bring in things to auction off and the money goes toward sending all the kids to church camp every year.  It's very expensive and some parents can't afford it.  So one of the parishioners who raised some pigs decided to auction off dinners:  pig roast, salads, desserts, beverages, etc. for a price.  So many bought them that he just decided to invite everyone and we'd just pay a set price with the money going towards the camp.  It's for a good cause and a good meal to boot.  He actually did chickens last year after he raised them and had them butchered.  This year it was the 1/2 hog.  It was a lot of fun!

I wanted to add that Indiana Karen sent the girls little coin purses that she made from the cutest fabrics of little bees and little frogs.  They are going to love them!  o(:-)
LuAnn

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »
Thanks for the update, LuAnn.  I'm sure she feels better being at home.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"