Author Topic: N. minuta seeds  (Read 10979 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
N. minuta seeds
« on: September 08, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »
Anybody want some that have started to sprout? ::) Don't ask why.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: N. minuta seeds
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:38:01 AM »
do u have a pic of end result??
lorraine

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Authorized Self Portrait?
  • With us since: 11/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »
I have a spare tub or two, what do you want for a few?

Steve

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: N. minuta from 2005
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 03:54:43 PM »

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 06:57:34 PM »
do u have a pic of end result??

Vickie's pic is better than the pic that I have but it's the same water lily. I got my original seed in 2008. I will also have dry seed later.

Steve, all I want is postage. I will be sending in a small zip lock baggy in a padded envelope so I may ask for a dollar more to cover envelopes.

Okay, I just figured it out. $3.00 for shipping and packaging. Does that sond fair?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:03:03 PM by PondmaninFL »
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 07:59:38 AM »
That sounds wonderful to me!!! Let me know how to get it to you.   @O@

Thanks!

Steve

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »
This is a true minature species from Madagascar. It blooms either above or below the water. It does better in semi shade. I usually put mine under other lilies so it has some shade. I have been growing it since 2005. I does well in aquariums with only the hood lights. It even blooms for me in winter in the aquariums. I love this little jewel.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:52:37 PM »
I've grown attached to it as well, Vickie. It is the first water lily that I have taken from seed to blooming to producing it's own seed. Hopefully, Victoria will do the same.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 09:00:02 AM »
Victoria seeds next year?  Hmmm, I love a challenge!!!   o(:-)

Steve

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 05:57:08 PM »
Steve, you know the saying,"Don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch?" Well, them eggs ain't hatched yet. :)

By the way, Steve and Kay, your seeds are on the way. What you need to do while you are waiting on them is put a couple of inches of soil in a pan and pack it down a little. When the seeds arrive, place them on the soil and saturate with water. When they become small water lilies, fill small pots with soil, pack it down, use a pencil to poke a hole, and stick the roots in and close the hole. Keep them out of a fish pond until next year. Goldfish and koi like them in salads. ::) If you need anymore info, just ask me or Vickie.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »
Wonderful, thanks Scott!
Kay

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 12:18:13 PM »
I am ready too!   O0

And I have chickens, lots of eggs have hatched this year!!!   lol

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 01:55:39 PM »
What a pretty one you have  8-)~ Yet another tropical teaser :P

Offline CT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 02:18:38 PM »
Scott,
  The seeds came today and I laid them on the soil like you said. What about light and heat? I have them inside under an aquarium light. Should I put them outside instead?
Thanks again. They are so tiny.
Kay

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »
Mine are in the ground, so to speak.  Thanks, Scott.   O0

You did send too many, though.  If all of these take, I am going to have to get a membership list from Jerry or Sean so that I can distribute to everyone here!!!   @O@

Steve

Offline CT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
There were a bunch of them weren't there Steve?  lol
Very generous..
Kay

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 07:06:14 PM »
Scott,
  The seeds came today and I laid them on the soil like you said. What about light and heat? I have them inside under an aquarium light. Should I put them outside instead?
Thanks again. They are so tiny.
Kay

Kay, I started mine outside last year in the Summer. I planted them in peat pots, 2-3 to a pot. If it is cooling off in your area, warm the aquarium water and let them grow in there till Spring. I kept mine in a plastic tub by the back door (French doors) and potted them in the pots that they are in now.

Mine are in the ground, so to speak.  Thanks, Scott.   O0

You did send too many, though.  If all of these take, I am going to have to get a membership list from Jerry or Sean so that I can distribute to everyone here!!!   @O@

Steve

Steve, I didn't have a 100% survival in mine. That's why I sent so many. :)

What a pretty one you have  8-)~ Yet another tropical teaser :P

Tootsie, I've still got seeds if you want any. :)

I'm glad you both got your seeds.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline afishpond

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 29/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 12:52:21 PM »
yes i'll take some

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 06:20:39 PM »
It's $4.00 for shipping and handling. Anything above that is a gift. :) Pm me your address and you can send the money through Paypal. My account is Pondman@pondaholics.org. Be sure to use a capital P and make sure you use .org. If you can get it in there my tonight or tomorrow morning, I can ship them tomorrow.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Cypher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/12/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 04:02:24 PM »
Hi, I've been looking for N. minuta for a while in Canada and cant seem to find any  :P. Just wondering if you have any N. minuta seeds I could buy from you? Thanks in advanced.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 05:54:46 PM »
Hi Cypher,
I got your PM but am having problems with my laptop (my only connection to the net right now). My BIL will be looking at it and hopefully fix it for me.

I will need to check into shipping seeds into Canada, legalities and postage. What part of Canada are you in? Maybe Sean can help with shipping info or one of the other hybridizers or nurserymen that are on this site. I have plenty of seeds for N. minuta. All I need to do is see how to get them to you. I also need to check to see if I have them here with me since we've just moved and most of our stuff is in storage but I have my seed box here. I'll have to look to see if I put them in there.

Anyway, just be patient and I'll get back to you. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Cypher

• Members
  • With us since: 05/12/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »
Hi PondmaninAL!

Thanks. If its dry seeds in a small insulated packet it shouldn't be a problem with Canadian customs. Over the years I've bought from several hobbyists a few variety of seeds like tropical bog plants like arum lily seeds, etc from the U.S.A.  This past summer, a friend of mine even sent me a 5 x 7 insulated envelope/packet of narrow leafed java fern (aquarium plant) from Singapore. Just labled as 'gift' and personal mail. I'd be glad to reimburse you which ever way you prefer. I'm in Toronto, Canada (province is Ontario).  I'll wait for your PM! Thanks again and g'luck with your lap top/ computer problems!

Btw, my friends call me ZANE.
easy to pronounce ;^)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 07:48:29 PM by Cypher »

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »
Anyone else wanting seeds. They are dry and I do have plenty left. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 07:49:46 AM »
  I do Scott but I have no way to pay you ,not just because I don't have any money but because I also don't have a bank account or any way to send you money through Paypal.   We could trade next spring if you are interested in anything I have to trade.  Or when I have a few bucks I could send you a postal money order, or money in an envelope. Heck it's only a few bucks I'll take the risk. Let me know

Offline tugo

• Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »
Scott I would like to get some but  do you also have other seeds to sell, that I can pay all together?
Thanks

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
Scott I would like to get some but  do you also have other seeds to sell, that I can pay all together?
Thanks

Tugo, the N. minuta seeds is all I have. It's the only water lily that I had to produce seed and I didn't collect seeds from my marginals this year.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline tugo

• Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »
Thanks Scott, I got the seeds today. Some of them I will try indoors kiddy pond nowadays and for the rest will wait for spring.
Thanks again :)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
I'm glad they arrived.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Aquaphy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/06/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 12:05:02 AM »
I am interested in the N. minuta seeds. Please let me know if they are still available.

Thanks,

Gabe 

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 05:50:40 PM »
I still have plenty of seeds. Just send me a PM and I will tell you how much and if you can pay by Paypal, what account to send it to.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"