Author Topic: Will you remember just for a moment?  (Read 2379 times)

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Will you remember just for a moment?
« on: September 11, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
Now matter what your beliefs may be could you all just stop and remember the victims of 9-11 in your own way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

Offline Jonna

• Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Re: Will you remember just for a moment?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »
I have been thinking about them all day. 

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:01:08 PM »
Me too.

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 04:19:55 PM »
I was today saying to some of my friends about 9-11 and said, omg today is september the eleventh and they were all like who cares, and I was like what a shame..
I remembered about them a lot, I remember 2 years ago I flew by myself on the eleventh to little rock AR.
And I was remembering about all those, good citizens that got killed by some idiots...ohh....god bless them all..
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »
We always light a candle on the front porch each year.  I will forever do it.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »
I will never understand the people who do terrible things like that. I can almost understand somebody smacking somebody they are angry with but to kill total strangers and also THEMSELVES, just doesn't compute.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 07:42:49 PM »
Esther they were people so fanitized to their beliefs and fanitism causes people to do lots of crazy things...
I will not bear the thought, if with my own hands I will take somebody else's life away. :'( :'( :'(
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 08:36:09 PM »
I think about it every day, not just on the 11th. I think about it when I drive across the Verrazano bridge and I look over there and those giant towers are gone. It pisses me off to no end. I think about the thousands of Americans who got killed.

Another thing that really blows my mind is that my smallest child wasn't even born yet, yet he wants to join the military at only 7 years old to fight terrorists. I'm really proud of him for that and will support him if he does.

I also think about how the media does everything they can to disparage our soldiers. They accuse them of torture, then say they support our troops. It is disgusting.  If the shoe were on the other foot, so to speak, they would cut off our heads (as they've been known to do).  Yet, somehow, Some Americans treat these animals as if they deserve our respect and admiration, then accuse our own people of torture. That bothers me because those people don't wear uniforms. They dressed as we do, infiltrated as they did, and caused the death of thousands. Does the Geneva Convention apply there?

Another thing (sorry) is our firefighters and police. While the military works on our peripheral, keeping the country safe; the firefighters and police work among us doing the same thing. I have more contempt for arsonists and criminals than ever and I don't know why.

We just got back from a football game where they had a nice 9/11 ceremony, and the high school and middle school bands played the Star Spangled Banner and a Brigadier General was there to speak, and all the people in the bleachers went nuts with applause. So I guess I'm a tad pumped up- so I do appologise in advance if I've offended anyone.

One interesting story that the Brigadier General told was the story about the "taste of a policeman". So, what does a policeman taste like?

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 10:26:38 PM »
I went to our daughter's house today (she lives in our capitol city). On a busy street corner were people holding signs saying 9/11 didn't really happen (WHAT???!!!) and others saying it was our government who did it and just blamed it on middle eastern terrorists. I about lost control of my car!!!! How does anyone have the stupidity to say such things. I couldn't help but wonder what someone who lost a loved one on 9/11 would react to these idiots.
But on a happier note....on the opposite street corner were about twice as many people holding American flags and signs saying 'proud to be an American' and 'remember the victims'.
zone 5b

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »
I heard a story on our local radio talk show about a teacher who teaches 6th graders.................she said 10 of her students had never heard of 9/11  :(. She says on this day every year she will tell each and every one of her students about what happened on 9/11 as long as she can. I will never forget that horrible day and what happened to all those poor innocent souls on those planes and in those buildings. Our lives have all changed in some way because of that day. You are right in what you say about our media Karen...........our soldiers are out there giving up their lives for our freedom and all they are counted for is when they die so the news can add another statistic to the death tally instead of honoring their service. They do so much and we have to search to hear about the good. I'm glad I got to read your post about the General who spoke and how the crowd went wild. It's good to know there are people out there who really care and still love and honor this country  o(:-). Our sky tonight is clear and the stars are out by the millions and I stood out there looking at them thinking of each star as one of the people who were a victim from that day. They will shine forever in my mind :).

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 06:23:21 AM »
Walk into any fire department, ANYWHERE,  and look at the decals on any engine in that department.  --  911 NEVER FORGET, NEVER.
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 07:51:50 AM »
And some even say we had it coming.  How can innocents have it coming?
They were dancing in the streets in some countries.  Never ever forget.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 09:07:52 AM »
i think it is burned in our memory forever...i attached a small flag to my  car antenna yesterday.......god bless all the families who lost loved ones...
lorraine

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »
 Why would America do that to our own people? There are people who say the Halocaust never happened either. They are idiots.

Offline Oceanbum

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 10:53:59 AM »
I saw a story on the news about a brother and a cousin of one of the victims on Flight 93 organized a 3,000 mile cross-country motorcycle ride to honor the victims of that flight. It was called "Ride With the 40". It left from the Newark Liberty International Airport, where Flight 93 originated, and planned to arrive at the San Francisco International Airport, Flight 93's intended destination, on Sept. 11, eight years to the day after the terrorists' attacks. They had stops along the way, most notably at the crash site. They are riding to raise money for the memorial, raise awareness that funds are still needed for the memorial and to finish the journey that Flight 93 didn't complete.

Here's a couple of links to the story:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/regional/s_641331.html

http://www.ridewiththe40.org/
Becky

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
9-11 is never far from my mind. I have several memorial pictures on the wall by my desk at work.
We have them on the wall above the bank of computers at the fire station.
I have a Sirius memorial pin on my department coat. Sirius was the Port Authority K9 dog that was killed in the collapse of tower two. A very sad story.
http://www.our.homewithgod.com/mkcathy/sirius.html
I have another 9-11 pin on my coat. It will not be something I will forget

I remember when 9-11 happened there were people suggesting that it was our own government.

It saddens me that people are starting to forget.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 04:44:03 PM »
That was so very sad  :'(. The tribute site was beautiful showing much love and devotion between Sirius and his master  :). I'm so sorry that the whole terrible thing happened on that day............wish we could go back in time and change it all but I guess there is a lesson to be learned from it all. People really came together for awhile. We must stay strong and ready and willing to help our country when evil things come our way. United we stand, divided we fall.
I don't want to see this beautiful country of ours fall into ruins  :hug:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"