Author Topic: Need Help With Craft Idea  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need Help With Craft Idea
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:14:24 PM »
You know those rings you put around the stems of wine glasses, to mark whose is whose?  Well, a friend suggested that people could use them for those portable plastic water bottles, too.  So you can tell which is yours when at work, the gym, etc. 

The beaded ones I've been making for wine glasses won't work - too "pretty" for plastic bottles, and the beads would slide down the neck and bop the drinker in the mouth.

So a friend suggested using stretchy cord, like the gold or silver type they use for wrapping packages, and then attach some sort of colored dangle to identify whose bottle it is.

A mini-headband, or a pony-tail tie might work, too, if I could figure out how to get the size right.

Any other ideas? 

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help With Craft Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »
What about those plastic wrist bands the kids wear nowadays that come in all the bright colors...............just be careful what color you choose as they all mean something different  ::).

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 06:53:15 PM »
Stretchy jewelry cord would work very well--it's sold in beading stores, and just plain old department stores in the craft and jewelry sections.  It's stretchy and you could bead it or put dangles on it too.   :)

Julles, try going online to Fire Mountain Gems and Beads--just Google it and then type in beading cord:  you'll probably find what you need plus get some more ideas! 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:20:38 PM by Kittyzee »
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »
Rubber bands!  @O@ I like the ones from clumps of veggies. They come in all colors and are really thick. I've seen them attached to carabiner clips so that the bottle can be attached to belt loops on jeans. Very cool.

That stretchy jewelry cord that Kittyzee mentioned is a lot more stylish, though. You could add beads and fun stuff.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 12:22:07 PM »
That Fire Mountain is great.  They have both the black or gold elastic cord, plus the clear kind that they make bracelets out of.  I know I can string beads on that, and, if I'm beading, I'm HAPPY!

Thanks, guys, I think I have some good ideas.  I like the carbiner clip idea, too.  Makes the bottle marker more versatile.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 01:29:11 PM »
Glad you liked it Julles, I have ordered from them and they are great.  Enjoy!
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 06:44:41 AM »
Fire Mountain is a very good company, I highly recommend them. Reminds me I have to put an order in with them soon.

Julles, and Kitty, I'm always happy to find other beaders. Do you have any pics of your work? Would LOVE to see it.  O0

I bead using the delica (seed) beads. Haven't made anything for a while, but the cool / cold weather is coming soon and I'll be getting started.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »
I don't have any pics, but I could take some.  I give a lot of my stuff away to my daughters.  I love making earrings (which my Dad when he made jewelry hated to do cuz he had to make TWO of the same thing  lol ).  I work mainly in silver, brass, copper and all kinds of beads.  I love Fire Mountain--they throw in a freebie when I order too.  There is a beading store in town that is awesome also! 

Ever get "stringing" magazine?  Go to their website--free patterns in there all the time for bracelets and earrings to make!  ;)
LuAnn

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"