Author Topic: Baby Update "good news"  (Read 705 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Baby Update "good news"
« on: November 10, 2006, 10:45:44 AM »
On Nov 8,th the baby went back to court.  The babies lawyer didn't want anyone in the family to have temp custody, and for a little bit we didn't think the judge did either.  Then the lawyer that my sister hired spoke up.  After he got done, they awarded my sister temporary custody.  The next court date is in Jan.  The judge also said that after one year, if the case has not be settled that they will have the option of adopting him.  (YEAH)

We're just happy that the baby is out of foster care and with his grandparents.  He looks really good, alert and tracking well.  I went over to see him after they got him home, he was just grinning and cooing.

The foster parents, told his grandparents when they went to get him that she was suprised they got him so soon.  It normaly takes along time for them to decide on temp custody.  He only ended up being in foster care for 2 1/2 weeks. 

The babies parents still have to have supervised visitation.  The babies Great Grandparents (being my parents) are 2 of the supervisors.  I think the parents, think that they will get to go where ever the baby is and stay all day long.  The social worker already said, she only wants them to visit.  Like a hour or two here and there.  I know my dad, he'll look at them and say time's up BYE!  Or, he'll say when you all go out and get a job, and show me your intentions you can see him.  My dad has always been tough, I didn't like it growing up.  But now I respect him for being tough on me. 

I just wish my sister would do the same to them.  I know its her son, but hello.....we've all worked for what we have.  Like this weekend, my niece has cheerleading comp in TN.  She's going to let the babies parents go with them.  How can they when they don't have any money.  Another free ride, room, food.....free mini vacation.  I think if it was me, I'd say no way.  When you both work and are able to save the money to go, fine but for now I'm not paying your way.  She buys them groceries too.  Then the mom of the baby, one of her grandparents pays the rent and stuff on there apartment.  They're never going to grow up until they hit rock bottom.  Its a hard thing to do, to see your kid have no place to live or anything to eat.  But I bet it wouldn't take long and both would have jobs.  The mother worked up until about 2 months before the baby was born and just quit. 

I'm just glad he's back home in the family and he'll be HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 10:14:58 AM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Update
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
What wonderful news!   o(:-)   o(:-) 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Update
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 08:29:17 PM »
I'm glad the baby is home and safe too!  Sorry to say, and maybe I shouldn't, but it sounds like the kids had a baby so the rest of the family would support them.  After all, can't not pay the rent, the baby shouldn't have to live on the streets...  Sorry... I have a 35 year old step daughter trying to play that card right now. 
I'm glad the baby is okay!
Tammie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"