Author Topic: Need some help - pretty please?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need some help - pretty please?
« on: November 11, 2006, 01:26:29 PM »
Could someone (or many someones!) come clean my house?  It's a mess!
Free room and board, use of car, no pay! lol  lol
Thanks!  Let me know when to pick you up from the airport!  lol  lol
Tammie
(P.S. - I'm not kidding!)

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help - pretty please?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »
I'll tell my husband I'm divorcing him and me and the girls are moving to Hawaii.  The girls can do housework!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »
Tammie, it sounds like you have too much on your plate. Wouldn't there be someone like an older highschool student or a neighbor who needs to earn some money that could come in and do what you need to have done?

I am not drawn to housework either. I'd rather be doing yardwork or something else creative to be honest. I finally cleaned my house a bit a week ago Thursday and the very next day DH decided to empty the pantry closet so that he can get to the attic. You see he decided to totally strip the master bath and remodel it for the first time in 20 years. So the laundry room has the old toilet sitting there, piles of boxes of tile that will be used in the remodel and a 3 drawer cabinet that was torn out of the bathroom. Then I found out that it is going to take 5 weeks before the new cupboards come in.  So now all the stuff from the pantry is cluttering up the dining room too. I just don't have the drive to straighten up much of anything. But am walking around feeling guilty about everything.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 03:41:40 PM »
Esther, you and your husband are industrious. You are always working on a project. Good for you.

Tammie, I need my house cleaned too. It's not the cleaning here that is an issue, it's the clutter. It just keeps getting worse. Junkmail is the worst of it, yet the easiest to deal with. Yesterday I bought a 1946 McKee Glassbake Fish Baker dish at a garage sale. I know that I will need it for something... someday.

I wanted to paint my kitchen, and even got a test quart up on the wall. Now I am hitting a reality wall and realize that the prep will take a week, because of all the clutter ("collections") that need to be stored somewhere else.
And that's even before I get to prep the walls- which are pretty bad.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 05:48:03 PM »
Tammie,
  I am not a person you want to clean your house, it takes me forever to get motivated enough to do my own. My husband is the big cleaner in our home. If I were to tell him your need he would take you up on it for sure. He loves anywhere warm, which Nebraska is not this time of year. ;) If he gets on my nerves any time soon I will let you know. ;D
Cath
zone 5b

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 06:54:22 PM »
Thanks Cath!  I could use some muscle!  I managed to get the freezer cleaned out, pantry straightened up and the "entry way"  (which has turned into a dumping ground, since you can't use the doors  ::) ) cleaned out a bit.  Now I have some empty shelves to load all the junk that is sitting by my front door...  tons of tools sitting in the sitting area next to the front door... That's tomorrow.  Then I'll put up a couple of Soji doors to hide it! 
Got the kitchen cabinets wiped down yesterday.  And cleaned out the 2 fridges.  Oh yeah!  Washed windows today too! 
Esther - a couple of weeks ago, when we had that earthquake?  Hubby decided he didn't have anything to do and tore out the tub enclosure, down to bare wood... Then he stapled (and taped) 2 shower curtains over the wood... I did not want to start that project now!!  Did I mention that the tub is falling thru the floor, and has to be removed so the wood can be repaired?  Sigh...  I'm showering in the other bathroom...
No neighbors around here and the high school kids I know are all horsey kids, to busy with their horses.  Besides, I don't think they'd do a good enough job!  You know, how they wouldn't look up and take care of the cobwebs!  lol
Teresa, don't divorce him, just bring the kids for a couple of months!  Then you all can go back home and leave me my clean house!  We'll arrange this for when you guys start to get cold over there!  Okay?!
Karen, clutter is the problem here too!  And with so many dogs, and the amount of dust I get (blowing up from the arenas and horse stalls) it just seems to pile up everywhere!  Figure if I can get rid of some of the junk it'll be easier to vacuum up.  That's the idea... usually turns out that now you have some room it just means you can get more junk!  Hubby came home just as I was throwing out a empty computer case and a old monitor... back in the house they both came.  Wish he had stayed gone for another hour, he would have never missed them!  He'll be gone tomorrow morning tho! {:-P;;
Tammie

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 10:14:01 PM »
Mary

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 01:33:02 AM »
Wow, that almost seems like a dream.  Hmmmm, hawaii..... I think I could manage cleaning, just so I could visit Hawaii.  LOL  Good luck, I've got a mess on my hands as well.  Trying to move everything around in my house, so I can get my piano.  If the dang weather would cooperate, I would already have it.  But I still have my mess, but I've been doing good on throwing away alot of stuff.

Have you ever tried those space bags, where you can store clothes blankets and such.  Then you use your vaccuum cleaner and suck the air out.  I just tried them this week and, boy do they help make space.  I was amazed.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »
I am a horrid cleaner.    {:-P;;
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »
Kim!  You gave me a wonderful idea!  Guess what I bought for my daughters birthday?  She's moving to Seattle the end of December.  I got her 2 boxes of Space Bags!!  lol  lol  Perfect!  Of course I'm gonna steal a couple of them. 
The problem in my house is that I have tons (not kidding!) of tools all over the place.  Plus all of the kids have stuff "stored" here...  We don't have a garage either.  We do have a 4 bay 25' x 60' storage building... and a 12 x 16 locking "cage" thing, where the flamables are stored... and another bigger "cage" area that has weedeaters, lawn stuff in it.  But all of the hand tools and junk is in my house.  So, the space bags won't really work for me.  Hiding all the stuff in the entry way is working out pretty good, not totally happy with the way it looks, but I like it better then it was! 
LeeAnne - I am so bad that we really, really thought about putting drains in the floor of the kitchen area when we rebuilt that end of the house, so we could hose it down!  Figured I'd ruin the walls with all that water so we didn't do it!  lol
Tammie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"