Author Topic: parasites ??  (Read 727 times)

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
parasites ??
« on: November 11, 2006, 05:46:18 PM »
  :-\  What can you do if you think your fish has parasites ??  I am having problems with a few fish jumping out of the water.  Tested the water and ever thing checks to be ok.  I did not know how to check for parasites.  But the fish seemed to calm down.  But now it appears at least the two largest fish have some thing wrong with them.  The largest goldfish was seen swimming in a odd fashion.  He was more wiggling back and forth than swimming.  Looked very unnatural.  Today, my largest koi was jumping out of the water several times.  I watched him and  when he was swimming, he appearred to be trying to rub some thing off the side of his body by rubbing up against the rocks or the lip of a plant pot.  I went over to watch the large goldfish to see how he was doing today and I could see some white pecks on his body.  No sure what it was, like a parasites or where some thing had pecked him and  maybe had several little bite marks on him.  I have not had any fish die.  Should I take these 2 fish out of the pond?  Is there any thing else I can do ? 

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: parasites ??
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 07:12:31 PM »
Myra, can you take them out and put them in an aquarium where you can get a better look at what is on your fish? I introduced flukes into an aquarium one time and treated it with copper sulfate but these weren't on the fish. Get a good ID of it or get a good picture.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
Re: parasites ??
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 07:38:01 PM »
OK, I will try that tomorrow.. I think I can get them into another pool and maybe get a better look .. thanks

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"