Author Topic: Whoo Hoo-- added pix  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Whoo Hoo-- added pix
« on: October 10, 2009, 09:10:49 AM »
Granny survived the Make a Wish Walk. Well actually, we cheated and cut across, so I would guess I did 1.75 miles of the 2.5. It was fun. I got a massage, food, and a cute young thing painted a Superman logo on my cheek.

The walk started at our John Ball Park Zoo and then proceded around town a bit and back to the park where they had a carriage ride, facepainting, pumpkin painting, two bounce things, food, and massages. It was kinda fun. We all wore Super Bub shirts. I raised $180.00. Our team raised about $900 but still have some checks to be recorded. And as a whole, the effort raised about $30,000. I would guess that some organizations were involved to be giving those big bucks.

First I went to Panera Bread Co for some bagels after we came home. While I was waiting, a nice looking lady with a hat on came up to me. She asked me what the significance of the Super Bub logo was on my shirt. So I gave her the full speil and told her we had just come back from a Make a Wish walk. She said it was great we were doing this in memory of Braeden and then tipped her chin down, reached up and raised the front of her hat a bit. Her hair was maybe a half an inch long. "OH SO THEN YOU UNDERSTAND?" I said. She just smiled and said, "Thanks for what you are doing." and walked away.

Then I went to Meijers to pick up some milk, bread, and other stuff. I was pleased to see people staring at me, thinking they were looking at the shirt with the Super Bub logo on it. After I came home, I went in the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror-----I still had the Superman logo facepainting on my cheek. LOL
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:10:02 PM by Esther »

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Whoo Hoo
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »
 @O@ WTG......... :hug:  Your such a sweetheart.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
God bless you esther..... :)
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »
You done good Esther.............maybe you should get a permanent Superbub tatoo  :)

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:00:51 PM »
How cool you look with your face paint tattoo!!  You hipster you  O0  What a great day and great proceeds.  Congratulations for all you do and have done, I'm so glad that you could stay to be there for this special day.  You are a hero, Superbub's grandmother has to be a hero!!

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 12:43:14 AM »
Good job Esther!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 12:09:43 PM »
For real, I walked. Hate pictures though. They make you look bigger than you are!!  :-\ Actually I had two sweatshirts and another tshirt under that shirt. That is the answer...REally!! LOL  

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Whoo Hoo-- added pix
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »
AWESOME @O@ @O@
lorraine

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"